Full Fix: eM client is not sending emails
Many users use email clients, and one of the more popular email clients is eM Client. Despite the great features that eM Client offers to its users, some of them reported that eM Client is not sending emails. This can be a big issue, and in today’s article we’ll show you how you can fix this problem on your own.
eM Client is a great application, but sometimes issues with it can appear. Speaking of issues, here are some common problems reported by users:
- eM Client outbox not sending – If this issue occurs, be sure to check your antivirus. Sometimes your email client can be blocked by the antivirus, and that can cause this issue to appear.
- eM Client imap an attempt to connect failed – This problem can appear if your email configuration isn’t correct, so be sure to check if your email account is properly configured.
- eM Client synchronizing folder error – This issue can occur due to corrupted eM Client installation, but you should be able to fix this problem simply by reinstalling the application.
eM Client not sending emails, how to fix it?
- Check your email configuration
- Check your antivirus
- Enable Use SSL/TLS if available option
- Change NOD32 settings
- Reinstall eM Client
- Perform a Clean boot
- Use webmail or a different email client
Solution 1 – Check your email configuration
According to users, eM Client might not be sending emails if your email configuration isn’t correct. Apparently, this issue occurs with Gmail, but you can fix it just by changing a couple of settings.
To fix this issue, you can try changing the port for the SMTP server to 465 with SSL. If that doesn’t work, you can try using port 587 (with TLS) or port 25 (with SSL). After making these changes, check if the eM Client is working properly.
We have to mention once again that this solution applies only to Gmail. If you’re using a different email provider, you’ll probably have to use different values.
Solution 2 – Check your antivirus
Having a good antivirus is crucial if you want to protect your system from online threats. However, sometimes your antivirus can interfere with eM Client and cause it to stop sending emails. To fix the issue, be sure that eM Client isn’t blocked in your antivirus.
If the application isn’t blocked, try disabling certain antivirus features and check if that helps. In some cases, you might have to disable your antivirus altogether. If disabling the antivirus doesn’t work, your next step would be to uninstall your antivirus.
Several users reported issues with Kaspersky, but after removing it, the problem was resolved. This issue isn’t limited only to Kaspersky, and other antivirus tools can also cause this problem, so even if you don’t use Kaspersky, you should temporarily uninstall your antivirus.
If removing the antivirus fixes the issue, you should consider switching to a different antivirus solution. There are many great antivirus tools on the market, but if you want maximum protection that won’t interfere with your software, we recommend you try Bitdefender.
Solution 3 – Enable Use SSL/TLS if available option
If eM Client isn’t sending emails, the most likely cause for that issue is your configuration. As we already mention in Solution 1, it’s crucial that you use the correct port.
In addition to using the correct port, several users reported that they changed their security policy from Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy) to Use SSL/TLS if available. After making this change, the problem should be resolved and everything will start working again.
- READ ALSO: FIX: Outlook emails are stuck in outbox
Solution 4 – Change NOD32 settings
Sometimes eM Client won’t be able to send emails due to certain security features of your antivirus. Users reported issues with NOD32 and its IMAP checking feature. It seems that this feature was interfering with eM client, and in order to fix it, you need to disable it.
To do that, follow these steps:
- In NOD32 go to Advanced setup > Web and email.
- Now choose Email client protection > IMAP, IMAPS.
- Now uncheck Enable IMAP checking option.
Save changes after disabling this option and check if the issue is resolved.
Solution 5 – Reinstall eM Client
In some instances, the issue might occur if your eM Client installation is damaged. If eM client isn’t sending emails, it’s possible that its installation is corrupted. However, you can fix that simply by reinstalling eM Client.
There are several ways to that, but the most effective method is to use uninstaller software. If you’re not familiar, uninstaller software is a special application that can remove any program from your PC. In addition to removing the desired application, it will also remove all files and registry entries associated with that application.
As a result, the application will be completely removed from your PC, and it will be as if it was never installed. There are many great uninstaller applications, but one of the best is IOBit Uninstaller, so be sure to try it out.
Once you remove eM Client, install the latest version and check if that solves your problem.
Solution 6 – Perform a Clean boot
Sometimes third-party applications can interfere with other programs on your PC, and the same goes for eM Client. It’s possible that a third-party application is interfering with it, and that is causing the issue to appear.
To check if a third-party application is a problem, it’s advised to perform a Clean boot. This is quite simple to do, and you can do it by following these steps:
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog. Enter msconfig and press Enter or click OK.
- System Configuration window will now appear. Go to the Services tab, check Hide all Microsoft services and click the Disable all button.
- Now go to the Startup tab and click Open Task Manager.
- Task Manager window will appear and show you the list of startup applications. Right-click the first entry on the list and choose Disable from the menu. Do the same for all other entries on the list.
- Navigate to the System Configuration window. Now click Apply and OK to save changes and restart your PC.
Once your PC restarts, check if the problem is still there. If not, enable the disabled applications one by one until you find the cause of the problem. Once you find the problematic application, remove it or keep it disabled and the issue should be resolved.
Solution 7 – Use webmail or a different email client
eM Client outbox not sending
If eM Client still isn’t receiving emails, you might want to try using webmail as a workaround. Email clients have a number of advantages over webmail, but if you’re having issues with eM Client, a webmail might be a solid workaround.
If you’re not a fan of webmail, you can always use other clients such as Outlook or Thunderbird. In some instances, even a built-in Mail app might be a solid replacement. However, if you want a proper replacement for eM Client, you might want to try Mailbird.
EM Client is a great email client overall, but sometimes minor issues such as this one can occur. If you still have problems with eM client, be sure to contact the developers and let them know about the issue.
- Fix: Outlook autofill email address is not working
- How to send email to a contact group on Windows 10
- FIX: Windows 10 Mail won’t print my emails
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]