Xbox is one of the most popular gaming consoles. However, nothing is perfect. Many users encountered “failed to host lobby” error on Xbox.
One user reported the following on the Reddit forum:
Initially I would occasionally get this, re queue and it would work fine. Now I can’t play at all, no matter the gamemode, just says can’t host lobby
So, this can be a severe problem, because the user can’t play any games. Luckily, quite a few easy solutions are available. These will fix the error in no time.
Today, we will show you how to make “failed to host lobby” error on Xbox a thing of the past.
Failed to host lobby error on Xbox? Here’s how to fix this
1. Restart the game
Sometimes, this issue can be solved just by restarting the game.
2. Hard-reset your console
To reset your Xbox console, you need to hold the power button for at least 15 seconds. Then, start the console again.
3. Obtain DNS automatically
If the solutions above didn’t work, you need to change some settings in your DNS.
- Press Windows Key + R and write ncpa.cpl.
- Press Enter or click OK.
- Locate your network connection, right-click it and choose Properties.
- When the Properties window opens, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click the Properties button.
- Select Obtain DNS server address automatically and Obtain an IP address automatically from Ethernet properties.
- Click Ok.
- Repeat the operation for Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6).
4. Re-add your account
Some users reported that if they remove and then re-add their account, your XBOX will work. The games could get corrupted, so, the re-adding your account will solve the “failed to host lobby” error.
So, it is quite possible that this issue can be solved in no time with the easiest solutions. As you can see, a simple restart can solve this error, but if not, a simple twitch in your DNS settings will make this problem a thing of the past.
However, if you already obtain DNS automatically and the “failed to host lobby” error appears, just change it to manual.
Also, make sure your games are not corrupted to enjoy the perfect Xbox experience.
Did our solutions work for you? Do let us know in the comments section below!
RELATED ARTICLES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- These are the 6 best Xbox One travel cases worth buying
- 4 best Xbox 360 emulators for PCs to install today
- Looking for the best Xbox One dust cover to buy? Here are the top 5