Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered crashes or freezes [FIX]
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered brings back one of the most critically-acclaimed games in history. This new game version is very stable, but sometimes gamers may experience occasional game crashes or freezes.
Fix CoD: Modern Warfare Remastered crashes or freezes on Xbox One
1. Make sure the software on your Xbox One is up to date. Follow the steps below to check for updates:
- Select the Home button in the center of your controller.
- Select Settings.
- Select System.
- Available updates will be listed under Console info.
2. Check your game disc for abrasions, scratches, or dust. If the disc is dirty, clean it with a soft cotton cloth dampened with water. Wait until the disk is completely dry before inserting it back into your Xbox One.
3. Ensure your Xbox One console is in a cool, well-ventilated place.
4. Clear the cache on your Xbox One.
5. Try the game on another Xbox One. If the same problem occurs on another Xbox One, the problem is most likely with the game disc itself. If this is the case, you can request a replacement game disc.
Fix CoD: Modern Warfare Remastered crashes or freezes on Windows PC
1. Make sure your PC meets the minimum system requirements to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered.
2. Shut down all applications that are running in the background.
3. Make sure that you have installed the latest video and sound drivers from the manufacturers’ website:
- AMD Drivers
- NVIDIA Drivers
- Intel Drivers
- Creative Sound Blaster
- Realtek Onboard Audio
- Dell Audio Drivers
- HP Audio Drivers
- Asus Xonar
We also recommend this third-party tool (100% safe and tested by us) to automatically download all the outdated drivers on your PC.
4. A locally-stored version of the game can become corrupted and cause your game to freeze or crash unexpectedly. If you’ve installed the game off a disc, follow the steps listed below:
- Uninstall the game from your PC.
- Log in to the Steam client.
- Download and install a digital version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered.
5. Verify the integrity of your game cache on Steam. Stop any system-intensive processes before checking the game cache.
- Load Steam.
- From the Library section, right-click on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered and select Properties.
- Select the Local Files tab > click the Verify integrity of game cache… button.
- Allow Steam will verify the game’s files. This process may take several minutes.
- Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.
If you’re still having issues with your games or you simply want to avoid them for the future, we recommend you to download this tool (100% safe and tested by us) to fix various PC problems, such as corrupted or missing files, malware and hardware failure.
If you’ve come across other workarounds to fix CoD: Modern Warfare Remastered crashes or freezes, list the troubleshooting steps below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered’s TTK needs to be fixed
- Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Windows 10 and Steam versions aren’t compatible
- NVIDIA updates its GeForce drivers with support for Titanfall 2, Dishonored 2, Obduction
Reports are being circulated that Microsoft intends to drop the People bar feature in the Windows 10 19H1 update. The original report came from a […]
A new and very nasty phishing attack has been doing the rounds, and it is extremely difficult to spot. Here is what you need to […]
Are you looking for the best personal cloud storage application for your Windows 10 PC? Windows Report has got you covered! File storage has come […]