Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered brings back one of the most critically-acclaimed games in history.
This game version is very stable, but sometimes gamers may experience occasional game crashes or freezes.
What to do if CoD: Modern Warfare Remastered crashes or freezes?
Fix CoD: Modern Warfare Remastered crashes or freezes on Xbox One
1. Make sure the software on your Xbox One is up to date. Follow the steps below to check for updates:
- Select the Home button in the center of your controller.
- Select Settings.
- Select System.
- Available updates will be listed under Console info.
2. Check your game disc for abrasions, scratches, or dust. If the disc is dirty, clean it with a soft cotton cloth dampened with water. Wait until the disk is completely dry before inserting it back into your Xbox One.
3. Ensure your Xbox One console is in a cool, well-ventilated place.
4. Clear the cache on your Xbox One.
5. Try the game on another Xbox One. If the same problem occurs on another Xbox One, the problem is most likely with the game disc itself. If this is the case, you can request a replacement game disc.
Fix CoD: Modern Warfare Remastered crashes or freezes on Windows PC
1. Make sure your PC meets the minimum system requirements to play Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered.
2. Shut down all applications that are running in the background.
3. Make sure that you have installed the latest video and sound drivers from the manufacturers’ website:
- AMD Drivers
- NVIDIA Drivers
- Intel Drivers
- Creative Sound Blaster
- Realtek Onboard Audio
- Dell Audio Drivers
- HP Audio Drivers
- Asus Xonar
4. A locally-stored version of the game can become corrupted and cause your game to freeze or crash unexpectedly. If you’ve installed the game off a disc, follow the steps listed below:
- Uninstall the game from your PC.
- Log in to the Steam client.
- Download and install a digital version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered.
5. Verify the integrity of your game cache on Steam. Stop any system-intensive processes before checking the game cache.
- Load Steam.
- From the Library section, right-click on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered and select Properties.
- Select the Local Files tab > click the Verify integrity of game cache… button.
- Allow Steam will verify the game‘s files. This process may take several minutes.
- Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.
If you’ve come across other workarounds to fix CoD: Modern Warfare Remastered crashes or freezes, list the troubleshooting steps below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- What to do if Xbox is unable to find mic [EXPERT FIX]
- Fix: Unable to Play Call of Duty Black Ops 2 on Windows 10
- Your Xbox One headset won’t work? Get the fix here
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in November 2016 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.