Pcdrcui.exe is corrupt: Here’s how to fix this error in less than 5 minutes
If you are getting the ‘Pcdrcui.exe is corrupt‘ error message when launching the PC Doctor application, we have come with the right fixes to solve this technical problem.
The Pcdrcui.exe application is powered by PC-Doctor Inc as an independent application. Also, there are two other applications powered by PC-Doctor using the same pcdrcui.exe name, namely Lenovo ThinkVantage Toolbox and Dell SupportAssist.
However, PC Doctor consist of a set of diagnostics, system information and software tools. They can be used to check the hard disk, including scanning bad sectors and carry out hard disk tests. Pcdrcui.exe is preinstalled in most of the Dell and Lenovo PCs. However, some Windows users cannot run PC-Doctor, Dell SupportAssist or Lenovo ThinkVantage, because this pcdrcui.exe file is corrupt.
Incorrect BIOS configuration, damaged or missing dynamic link library files, corrupt Windows registry, overheated CPU, and malfunctioning HDD controller, lower CPU usage, and RAM shortage are some of the causes of the pcdrcui.exe error message. In order to fix the pcdrcui.exe is corrupt error message, we compiled the solutions listed below.
How to fix the’Pcdrcui.exe is corrupt’ error
Solution 1: Uninstall the application
Windows users can uninstall pcdrcui.exe so as to get rid of the error which is associated with it. Although, uninstalling the application will fix the pcdrcui.exe is corrupt error but the diagnostics, system information and software tools features which characterizes the application will be unavailable. In order to uninstall pcdrcui.exe application, follow these steps:
- From the “Start” menu, go to “Run” or hold Windows logo and press R at the same time.
- In the “Run” window, type appwiz.cpl and hit “Enter”
- The “Program and Features” will open; select one of the installed PC Doctor software on your PC, which could be PC-Doctor, Dell SupportAssist or Lenovo ThinkVantage Toolbox.
- Hence, click Uninstall to remove PC-Doctor, Dell SupportAssist or Lenovo ThinkVantage Toolbox from your PC.
- Restart your Windows after uninstall.
Note: The complete uninstall of the application will prevent the pcdrcui.exe is corrupt message from showing up ever again on your PC. This will result in the removal of the corrupt files and remove the security threats.
Keep in mind that some applications are incompatible with pcdrcui.exe and may cause problems if installed on your PC; these applications include Fitbit Connect, FrostWire 6.2.2, and Spybot.
- Read Also: How to remove software leftovers
Solution 2: Reinstall the application
You can also consider reinstalling pcdrcui.exe because of the ‘pcdrcui.exe is corrupt’ error. This method will replace the corrupted program files with a fresh copy. Another advantage of this method is that the new installed pcdrcui.exe application will run on your PC without the pcdrcui.exe is corrupt error message. In order to reinstall pcdrcui.exe; use this procedure:
- Uninstall pcdrcui.exe application namely PC-Doctor, Dell SupportAssist or Lenovo ThinkVantage Toolbox from your PC using the steps mentioned in [Solution 1] above.
- Download and install PC-Doctor, Dell SupportAssist or Lenovo ThinkVantage Toolbox from the PC-Doctor website.
- Hence, you can run PC-Doctor, Dell SupportAssist or Lenovo ThinkVantage Toolbox on your PC
Note: However, if reinstalling pcdrcui.exe application causes display of error pcdrcui.exe after complete uninstall, it is advisable you uninstall pcdrcui.exe again and install an alternative system utility application. You can consider using an alternative system utility program like CCleaner, Windows Check Disk, or ReImage Plus. Meanwhile, CCleaner is available for download here.
Solution 3: Unblock pcdrcui.exe in Firewall
Windows Firewall is a network security system in Windows which regulate incoming and outgoing network traffic between your computer and other networks such as the Internet. However you can fix the ‘pcdrcui.exe is corrupt’ issue by unblocking pcdrcui.exe in Windows firewall by following these steps:
- From the “Start” menu, type “Run” and hit the “Enter” key. Or, hold the “Windows” key and hit the “R” key.
- In the run windows, type “firewall.cpl” without quotes and hit the “Enter” key.
- Select the “Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall” menu in order to enable pcdrcui.exe.
- Here, click “Change settings” and then click “Allow another app” menu at the bottom of window.
- Click “Browse” to locate the pcdrcui.exe program file in your hard disk
- Here, navigate to PC Doctor Toolbox for Windows located in Program Files folder.
- Then, click “Add” and then click “OK”.
- Finally, you can launch Run PC-Doctor, Dell SupportAssist or Lenovo ThinkVantage.
Note: In step 5 and 6 above, the pcdrcui.exe program files may be in the program name PC-Doctor, Dell SupportAssist or Lenovo ThinkVantage depending on pcdrcui.exe preinstalled software name on your Windows PC.
For instance, if you are using Lenovo PC, browse the Lenovo ThinkVantage programs files to add to the unblocked app in Windows Firewall. This will fix the ‘pcdrcui.exe is corrupt’ error message.
Also, if you are using any third party firewall software, follow the steps above and use your user account with Administrator privilege before making any firewall changes.
Solution 4: Repair your registry
The simplest way to repair your registry is to use a dedicated tool, such as CCleaner. Don’t forget to first backup your registry in case anything goes wrong.
You can also use Microsoft’s System File Checker to check for system file corruption. The utility verifies the integrity of all protected system files and repairs files with problems when possible. Here’s how to run an SFC scan:
1. Go to Start > type cmd > right-click Command Prompt > select Run as Administrator
2. Now type the sfc /scannow command
3. Wait for the scanning process to complete and then restart your computer. All corrupted files will be replaced on reboot.
Solution 5: Run a full system scan
Malware may cause various issues on your computer, including the ‘Pcdrcui.exe is corrupt’ error. Perform a full system scan in order to detect any malware running on your computer. You can use Windows’ built-in antivirus, Windows Defender, or third-party antivirus solutions.
Here’s how to run a full system scan on Windows 10 Creators Update:
- Go to Start > type ‘defender’ > double click Windows Defender to launch the tool
- In the left hand pane, select the shield icon
- In the new window, click the Advanced scan option
- Check the full scan option to launch a full system malware scan.
Solution 6 : Update your OS
Make sure that you’re running the latest Windows OS updates on your machine. As a quick reminder, Microsoft constantly rolls out Windows updates in order to improve the system’s stability and fix various issues and errors.
To access the Windows Update section, you can simply type “update” in the search box. This method works on all Windows versions. Then go to Windows Update, check for updates and install the available updates.
We hope that the solutions listed above helped you to fix the ‘pcdrcui.exe is corrupt’ error message. Feel free to comment below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- 10 best uninstaller software for PC users
- The best registry finder software for Windows 10
- Excel files won’t open after installing Windows 10 Creators Update [Fix]
UML (Unified Modeling Language) diagrams are visual representations of software systems. The diagrams are essential for software engineers who need to document software systems. There […]
Because we all love listening to our favorite music, it is very important to be able to organize our music library. This task has become […]
Computer problems are usually not that complicated to fix. The real problem is that most people are not that keen to try and fix them, […]