Here’s how to fix frequent Final Fantasy XV bugs
Final Fantasy XV is an excellent game that allows you to put your stealth and fighting skills to good use. The game features heavy combat, innovative gameplay, and immersive graphics. At the same time, FFXV often tests your patience. The game is affected by quite a significant number of technical issues, as gamers report.
Fortunately, one resourceful Final Fantasy 15 fan created a special forum thread and listed all the workarounds available for the game. If you’re experiencing various FFXV bugs, you can check out the list of bug fixes below.
How to fix Final Fantasy XV bugs on Xbox One
1. Fix HUD issues
- Check if your TV runs the latest firmware
- Reinstall the game, as well as the latest updates
- Check if there is the Overscan or Aspect Ratio features are available on your TVs settings
- Check and modify the screen settings on your Xbox.
2. Fix FFXV graphics issues
- Reinstall the game and the latest updates
- If you happen to see ghost Gladio/Ignis/Prompto/Noctis, reloading the game save should fix the problem.
3. Fix Cid upgrade quest stuck
- Perform one or two mob-hunts and then rest. You should receive a call from Cid next morning, telling you that you can pick up your weapon.
- Cid can only upgrade one weapon at a time.
- The weapon upgrade may be in progress. Check the quest mentioning that you should wait for Cid.
4. Long loading screen
- Avoid using fast travel if possible. This issue is pretty well-known at this moment.
- The only solution is to wait for the game to load the next chapters.
5. Fix Chocobo issues
- As a quick reminder, you can’t summon Chocobos in battle, in cities or in dungeons
- If you lost your ability to summon Chocobos, go back to Wiz Chocobo Post. Head south to the Chocobo race track and enter a race. You should be able to summon Chocobos after that.
- Reinstall the game’s latest update.
6. Last boss glitch
Most likely, this issue is caused by calling Umbra. Reload the game save and avoid calling Umbra. Don’t forget to manually save the game before calling Umbra.
7. FFXV chapters got stuck
This bug is prevalent when you fast travel outside the Vesperpool area and cannot go back in. You should stick to the main quest and avoid doing side quests. Manually save the game before proceeding to the main quest.
8. Camera angle stuck to near
If this case, simply save and reload the game.
9. Daurell Cavern glitch
The glitch occurs when the boss doesn’t re-spawn after you left the dungeon before killing him.
- Save the game before entering the dungeon, and don’t leave until you have finished the quest.
- If this issue occurs, your only option is to reload the game save and restart exploring the dungeon.
10. Enemy Whistle won’t work
This may happen if you reload the game halfway through, after you obtained the Enemy Whistle.
- You can buy the Enemy Whistle from the Regalia shop.
- Manually save the game after you get your hands on the Whistle, so that you can reload the save if something goes wrong.
If you’ve come across other workarounds for various Final Fantasy XV issues, list the troubleshooting steps in the comment section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: Titanfall 2 texture issues
- Fix: Minesweeper not working on Windows 10
- Fix: Slow Xbox One game downloads
- Fix: Gears of War 4 hitching issues on Xbox One
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]