- The ISDone.dll error message is one that occasionally pops up when installing or running games.
- If you have wondered how to fix the ISDone.dll error, using a tool for DLL issues is the easiest way.
- If the game is retuning the ISDone.dll error codex, change the settings for Windows Defender.
- When ISDone.dll error pops-up in Windows 10, make sure you have enough RAM to run the game.
The Donnell error message is one that occasionally pops up when installing or running games in Windows 10.
When that error occurs, an ISDone.dll error message pops up along the lines of An error occurred while unpacking: archive corrupted. Unarc.dll returned an error code: -7.
The error message can vary slightly, but it’s always included within an ISDone.dll dialog box window. When it pops up, you can’t install or run the game.
The issue is primarily due to insufficient RAM or HDD storage for the game, but might also be due to corrupted DLL files. Here is how to fix the ISDone.dll error during game installations or running.
How can I fix ISDone.dll errors on Windows 10?
1. Use Restoro
Restoro is a software solution that helps you repair multiple computer issues. Especially when the cause is not really clear.
You can use Restoro for problems like BSoD (Black Screen of Death), DLL issues, computer freezing, and more.
2. Check the game’s system requirements
First, double-check your laptop or desktop meets all the game‘s system requirements. Check that your PC meets the minimum RAM specification and that your hard drive has enough free space for the game.
If there isn’t enough free HDD space, uninstall some programs to free up some more HDD space.
Also, note that you’ll need a 64-bit Windows platform to run a game that’s only compatible with 64-bit platforms. If your platform is 32-bit, double-check the game‘s Windows platform specification.
If you want to know how to tell the difference between a 32-bit app and a 64-bit one, read this quick article and learn everything there is to know about the subject.
To check your own system, right-click on the Start button and select System. Scroll down to the System type detail listed there.
3. Run a System File Scan
- Type Command Prompt in the Windows search box and select Run as administrator.
- Next, enter the command below and press the Return key:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- After running the Deployment Image Servicing utility, enter sfc /scannow in the Command Prompt prompt and press Return.
- The SFC scan will probably take about 30 minutes. When it’s done, restart Windows if Windows Resource Protection repairs files.
Note: If the issue is in any way due to system files, the System File Checker tool might resolve the error. System File Checker is a tool included in Windows 10 that scans for and repairs corrupted system files.
4. Install the game in Windows Safe Mode
- Press the Win key + R to open Run.
- Input MSConfig in Run’s text box and click OK to open the System Configuration window in the snapshot directly below.
- Click the Boot tab in the shot below.
- Then select the Safe boot check box and the Minimal radio button.
- Click the Apply and OK buttons.
- Then select Restart to reboot Windows in Safe Mode.
- Thereafter, install the game that’s returning the ISDone.dll error.
- Remember to deselect the Safe boot option before you restart Windows.
Note: Only essential system programs and services run in Windows Safe Mode. Starting Windows in Safe Mode frees up RAM and minimizes potential third-party software conflicts with the game‘s installer.
4. Expand the paging filing
- First, enter sysdm.cpl in Run’s text box and click OK to open the window directly below.
- Click the Advanced tab on that window.
- Press the Settings button for Performance to open the window shown in the shot below.
- Then select the Advanced tab, and press the Change button. That button will open the window directly below.
- Deselect the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives option if it’s selected.
- Select the Custom size radio button.
- Now you can enter a higher value in the Initial size text box than what is listed as the currently allocated value.
- The Maximum size value you can enter depends on how much RAM your laptop or desktop includes. Windows will restrict your page filing to three times the amount of RAM (about 12,000 MB for four GB RAM).
- Press the OK button to close the window.
Note: Expanding the paging filing will increase the amount of virtual memory. That expands the amount of hard drive space for virtual memory, which comes in handy when RAM is limited.
Thus, this could be a potential fix that might resolve insufficient RAM.
5. Switch off the antivirus software
Anti-virus software might block some games from installing. So disabling third-party anti-virus might also fix the ISDone.dll error.
Many anti-virus utilities include a disable or turn off option on their system context menus with which you can temporarily switch them off. Windows Safe Mode might also disable third-party anti-virus software.
6. Disable the Windows Firewall
- Windows Firewall might also block a genuine game from installing. You can switch the Windows Firewall off by entering Windows Defender Firewall in Cortana’s search box.
- Click Windows Defender Firewall to open the window shown directly below.
- Click Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off to open the settings below.
- Select both the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall radio buttons and click OK.
7. Re-register the ISDone.dll
- Enter Command Prompt in Cortana’s search box.
- Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
- Input regsvr32 Isdone.dll in the Command Prompt, and press the Enter key.
- Then enter regsvr32 unarc.dll in the Prompt’s window, and press the Return key.
Note: Re-registering DLLs is one way you can repair corrupted DLLs. In this case, you might need to re-register the ISDone and Unarc DLLs.
One, or more of those resolutions might fix the ISDone.dll error so that you can install and run the required game.
In addition, adding new RAM and erasing temporary files with might also resolve the error message. If you have any suggestions for fixing the ISDone.dll error, please share them below.
Frequently Asked Questions
In order to solve the error, check our guide including quick solutions on how to fix the ISDone.dll error.
Missing DLL is the most common DLL issue, but, fortunately, the files can be replaced. Our guide on how to fix missing DLL files is exactly what you need.
The easiest way is to use software that repairs DLL errors, like Restoro. Take a look at our quick guide with solutions on how to fix DLL errors in Windows 10.