Forza Horizon 5 Crashing on PC: 3 Ways to Get It Working
Often, compatibility issues may prevent the game from working
- Forza Horizon 5 crashing on the PC can occur for many reasons. The issue can be due to the system not meeting the game requirements and corrupting game files.
- Running the game as an administrator and in compatibility mode and verifying game files can fix the problem.
Forza Horizon 5 is a racing video game by Playground games. It is popular because it offers an exploration of the vibrant open-world landscapes of Mexico and features fun driving action in the world’s best cars.
However, users complain about some issues they encounter with the game, and Forza Horizon 5 crashing on PC is a common problem. Also, we have a detailed guide on what to do if Forza Motorsport 7 crashes on your PC.
Why is Forza Horizon 5 crashing on PC?
Experience the Forza Horizon 5 game crash on your PC can be due to numerous factors impeding its performance. Some notable factors are:
- Compatibility issues – Forza Horizon 5 has system requirements determining the PCs that can run it. So, if your system doesn’t meet the requirements for running the game, it may cause it to malfunction or crash. Also, it prevents the game from functioning efficiently because the system isn’t strong enough to handle it.
- Outdated graphics card – Graphics cards are responsible for the graphics content on your screen. Forza Horizon 5 uses lots of graphics power to run and can run into issues if graphics drivers are outdated. It indicates that the graphics device isn’t intact to run the game.
- Corrupt game files – The game may crash on your PC if its game files are corrupt or missing. These game files are responsible for the interaction between the game and the system. So, you may experience issues with the game if its files are corrupt.
Other factors may cause Forza Horizon 5 to crash on your PC. Fortunately, you can fix the problem by troubleshooting your PC and tweaking the game.
How can I fix Forza Horizon 5 if it crashes on PC?
Before trying any advanced troubleshooting steps, go through the following:
- Turn off background apps running on your PC.
- Temporarily disable antivirus software on your computer.
- Restart Windows in Safe Mode and check if the game crash persists.
- Ensure your PC meets the game’s minimum system requirements:
- OS – Windows 10 version 1909 or higher.
- CPU – AMD Ryzen 3 1200 / Intel Core i5-4460.
- RAM – 8GB.
- GPU – AMD Radeon RX 570 / Nvidia GeForce GTX 970.
- Storage – 110GB available (HDD or SDD).
1. Run Forza Horizon 5 as an Administrator and in Compatibility Mode
- Press Windows + E to open File Explorer.
- Locate the Forza Horizon 5, right-click on it, and select properties from the drop-down.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab, check the box for the Run this program as an administrator option, and check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode.
- Choose a Windows version from the drop-down.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Running the game as an administrator will fix permission issues or settings that caused it to crash. Also, it’ll resolve compatibility issues.
Outdated drivers are the main reason for errors & system issues. If some of your files are missing or crashing, an automated solution like DriverFix can solve these problems in just a couple of clicks. And it's also lightweight on your system!
Check what to do if running as administrator is not working on Windows 10/11.
2. Update the Nvidia graphics driver
- Press Windows + R keys to prompt the Run window, type devmgmt.msc, and click OK.
- Click on Display Adapters, and right-click the driver from the drop-down menu, and click the Update driver.
- Select the Search automatically for drivers option.
- Restart your PC and check if the Forza Horizon 5 crash issue persists.
Updating the graphics driver will fix bugs affecting the game and install the latest features to improve its performance. Check other steps for updating graphics drivers on Windows 11 if you have any issues.
Alternatively, with a specialized program like DriverFix, not only you can fix gaming-related bugs but you can also prevent them by updating your drivers with the latest options from its advanced database.
DriverFixFix the errors affecting the game and get the latest updates for your PC’s drivers.
3. Check the integrity of the game file
- Left-click the Start button and type Steam, then double-click to open it.
- Select the Library tab, right-click on Forza Horizon, and choose Properties.
- Click the Local Files tab and select the Verify Integrity of Game Files button.
Checking the game’s integrity will verify and resolve all corrupt or missing game files.
Read more on the ways to verify the integrity of game files not working for more advanced steps.
Alternatively, you can check our guide on Forza Horizon 4 not launching and ways to fix it on Windows 11. Also, we have a detailed article about how to fix Forza Horizon 5 stuttering on Windows 11.
In conclusion, this guide should help if Forza Horizon 5 keeps crashing on your PC. However, if you have further questions or suggestions, kindly drop them below in the comments section.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
Some driver-related issues can be solved faster by using a dedicated tool. If you're still having problems with your drivers, just download DriverFix and get it up and running in a few clicks. After that, let it take over and fix all of your errors in no time!