- A beautiful, well-designed cover page encourages your readers to open your document and gives them an idea of what's in it.
- You can create cover pages in from scratch or using pre-built templates.
- Explore our thorough Teamwork Hub for more easy-to-follow guides on this subject.
- Discover our huge collection of software and hardware guides in the How To section.
Google Docs cover pages that make your documents look professional and beautiful. You need to create one, especially if you plan on distributing the document.
Google provides two ways of creating cover pages – you can build it from scratch or simply modify a pre-built template.
Most browsers work well with Google Docs, but some work better than others. For creating cover pages, you want to use the best browsers for Google Docs.
Launch the browser and follow the steps below.
How can I make cover pages in Google Docs?
1. Make Google Docs cover page from scratch
- Sign in to Google Docs.
- Choose the Blank document with a Google-colored plus sign.
- Click on the File menu and select Page setup from the dropdown menu.
- Lower the margins, select your preferred page options, and hit OK.
- Click on the Insert menu and select Table.
- Choose the number of rows and columns.
- Click on the lower line of the table and drag it to the bottom of the page.
- To add an image, go to the Insert menu and choose Image.
- Add and customize the text to the page using the Drawing Tool.
NOTE: You can also download add-ons from the web to simplify the process. If the toolbar of your Google Docs page isn’t showing up, here’s how to fix that.
2. Modify Google Docs templates
- Go to Google Docs and click on the Template gallery.
- Select a suitable template.
- Modify the template.
- Save the Google Docs cover page.
How to modify a Google Docs template
- To change the dummy image, right-click on it and select Replace image.
- Change an image‘s color by clicking on Image options.
- To modify dummy texts, click on it, and enter your text.
- Add a header or numbering from the Insert tab. Click on Header & page number.
Making Google Docs cover pages is quite straightforward. You now know the two ways to create these cover pages.
Templates make it easy to make a cover page in Google Docs. You can play around with the options until you get it right. Don’t worry, deleting a page in Google Docs is easy.
However, if these methods are tough, and you want more ready-made options, you can make use of Canva. If you need further guidance, do let us know in the comments below.