- Windows relies on various services that are running in the background, so there are times when you need to learn how to open services.msc.
- The fastest way to access the Services window to use the Run dialog shortcut and enter the required command.
- You can access the Services window from the Start menu or simply by searching for it.
- If you want to know how to open services.msc from Command Prompt, this guide will show you the best method for it.
In order to work properly, Windows 10 relies on various services that are running in the background. You can see all these services and modify them from the Services window.
If you’re wondering how to open services.msc, this guide will show you multiple methods that you can use to open the Services window on your PC.
Therefore, we can only encourage you not to waste any more time and take a closer look at the solutions detailed below.
How can I open services.msc on Windows 10?
1. Use the Run window
- Press Windows Key + R shortcut.
- Enter services.msc and press Enter or click OK.
- The Services window will now appear.
This is the fastest method that you can use to access services.msc, and it’s one of the methods that we most commonly use.
2. Use the Command Prompt/PowerShell
- Press Windows Key + X and select Windows PowerShell or Windows PowerShell (Admin).
- Enter services.msc and press Enter.
If you’re wondering how to open services.msc from Command Prompt, you can do it by following these steps:
- Press Windows Key + S and enter command prompt.
- Select Command Prompt from the list of results.
- Now enter services.msc and press Enter.
As you can see, both methods are almost the same, and it doesn’t make a difference if you’re using Command Prompt or PowerShell.
You can also run both of these applications without administrative privileges, and you’ll be able to open the Services window without any problems.
Even more, use our detailed guide if you’re having trouble accessing Command Prompt as an admin. Our quick workarounds are exactly what you’re looking for.
3. Use Windows Search
- Press Windows Key + S to open the search window.
- Enter services in the search field.
- Now select the Services from the search results.
This is one of many different ways to access services.msc, and since it’s quick and easy, we encourage you to try it out.
4. Use the Start menu
- Open the Start menu.
- Now scroll down to the Windows Administrative Tools section and expand it.
- Select Services.
This is another easy to use method that you can use to open services.msc, but in our opinion, it’s not the fastest one.
5. Use Control Panel
- Press Windows Key + S and enter control.
- Select Control Panel from the list of results.
- Go to the Administrative tools section.
- Now select Services from the list of results.
6. Use Computer Management
- Open Computer Management. You can do that by using the search option or any other method.
- Now select Services from the menu on the left.
This method can be useful if you’re using the Computer Management window frequently, but if aren’t, then our previous methods might prove better.
7. Create Desktop shortcut
- Right-click your desktop and expand the New menu. Now select Shortcut.
- Enter services.msc in the input field and click Next.
- Now enter the name that you want to use for the shortcut and click on Finish.
These are several different ways to access services.msc on your PC, and we encourage you to try them all.
Speaking of the Services window, many users reported that services.msc not opening in Windows Server. If that’s the case, we advise you to check our Services.msc not opening guide for detailed solutions.
What is your preferred method of accessing the Services window? Do not hesitate to share it with us in the comments below.