Your WordPress blog can be hosted on two platforms: on a web server, which is the most popular option among bloggers, or on a computer running the WordPress software package.
If you’re planning to install WordPress locally on your Windows 10 computer, you’re in the right place. This article is a step-by-step guide to configure your computer to act as its own web server for hosting WordPress.
The only visible difference when you host your WordPress blog on your Windows computer is the address: you’ll use http://localhost[…] instead of the regular web address.
As far as the user experience is concerned, by hosting WordPress on your computer you can work offline, test changes more quickly, and polish them before you roll them out to the live website.
Here’s to install WordPress locally on Windows 10 without using third-party apps
I. Download the WordPress package for Windows from Microsoft.
1. Click on Install WordPress (green button)
2. Scroll down and select WordPress > click on Install
3. Allow the app to make changes to your PC > click on Install
4. Set your password
6. Wait for WordPress to download and install
II. Configure WordPress
1. Set your authentication key
2. Copy data to clipboard and wait for WordPress to configure
3. WordPress is now installed
III. Configure WordPress in browser
1. Launch Microsoft WebMatrix. Every time you’ll connect to WordPress locally, you need to first launch WebMatrix.
3. Select title, username and password
4. Log in and start writing!
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Here’s how to fix Surface Pro 3 battery drain issue without paying $500 for a new battery
- How to use two OneDrive accounts on one computer
- How to fix Norton antivirus errors on Windows 10
- How to use the Windows Refresh Tool to clean install Windows 10
- We answer: What is Network and Sharing Center in Windows 10 and how to use it?