- Many Windows users wondered whether iusb3mon.exe is genuine or malware in disguise.
- Use a reliable antivirus software and perform a full security scan on your PC.
- You need to uninstall a specific program to avoid damaging the whole system.
- Also, use a professional application to completely remove all files and registry entries.
The iusb3mon.exe has kept a lot of users wondering whether it’s genuine or a malicious process. A suspicion was triggered after it was noticed that the process is not signed by any publisher.
Also, it was discovered that the resource impact is not shown in the Task Manager.
Here’s all you need to know about iusb3mon.exe
- Now, what exactly is iusb3mon.exe?
- How to check for the iusb3mon.exe executable
- How to uninstall iusb3mon.exe
Now, what exactly is iusb3mon.exe?
The acronym IUSB3MON means Intel USB 3.0 Monitor and the genuine iusb3mon.exe is a software component that belongs to Intel USB version 3.0 Host Controller.
The iusb3mon.exe has a feature that can monitor the current status of every USB port. The iusb3mon.exe automatically generates a pop-up event notification when a device is connected or disconnected to a USB 3.0 port.
However, the iusb3mon.exe is an optional component and it isn’t fundamental to your operating system. So you can choose to uninstall it through the Programs and Features or just leave it.
No potential threat has been diagnosed regarding the iusb3mon.exe. Also, it has not been identified as malware.
How to check for the iusb3mon.exe executable
You can confirm to see if you have an iusb3mon.exe executable at the right location. This is method can be useful if you want to be sure that iusb3mon.exe is genuine and not malware in disguise.
Open File Explorer and navigate to C:> Program Files > Intel > Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver > Application . If you are able to find the iusb3mon.exe executable here then you should know that the file is genuine and not malware in disguise.
Furthermore, if you are suspecting that the process is malicious due to some reason, you can perform a full security scan on your computer. To do this, you would need a reliable antivirus software.
How to uninstall iusb3mon.exe
It is possible to uninstall the iusb3mon.exe process and by doing so you won’t affect the functionality of your system. But, removing only the executable is not advisable, because it can lead to problems with the USB 3.0 extensible Host Controller software. So, you have to uninstall the lntel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller.
Follow these steps to uninstall the iusb3mon.exe software
These short steps will direct you on how to uninstall the USB 3.0 extensible Host Controller software.
- Open up a Run window by pressing the Windows key and R on your keyboard. Type appwiz.cpl in the run window and hit Enter for the Programs and Features to open up.
- Right in the Programs and Features, browse through the application list and find Intel(R) USB 3.0 3.1 eXtensible Host or Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller. Right-click and select Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation. After that, reboot your computer.
Alternatively, you can remove this application by using uninstaller software. By using the uninstaller software, you will remove all files and registry entries associated with Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller.
There you go, there’s everything you need to know about iusb3mon.exe. As you can see, the file itself isn’t malicious and it won’t cause any harm to your PC, so you can just leave it be.