- The Microsoft display adapter driver is a software built-in directly in Windows 10 and offers display and graphics capabilities.
- Downloading and installing the Microsoft display adapter driver directly from Device Manager is a quick way of solving the problem.
- Another efficient way of downloading the Microsoft display adapter driver is through the Windows update option.
- Using a dedicated third-party tool is the most reliable and recommended way of solving this issue once and for all.
The Microsoft Display Adapter driver is an essential built-in part of Windows that offers display and graphics capabilities, especially if the software from your hardware manufacturer isn’t installed.
In general, the latest drivers are being provided with every last Windows Update as part of the Windows setup but due to various factors, it can happen that the drivers are not being installed right away.
In some cases, the Microsoft Display Adapter driver will not work at all, which can, in turn, cause a cascade of issues with your OS.
In this article we will explore how you can easily download and install the Microsoft display adapter driver in Windows 10, so make sure to keep on reading.
How can I download the Microsoft display adapter driver in Windows 10?
1. Use Windows Update
- Go to the Start button and click on Settings.
- In here scroll down and locate the Windows & Security option.
- Next, click on the Windows Update option.
- Here, click on Check for updates button and wait for the search to finish.
- In case there is a new update available click on the Install option.
2. Use Device manager
- Go to the Search button and type in Device Manager.
- Locate the Display adapters option and expand it.
- Right-click on the driver and choose Update driver software.
- Next, click on Search automatically for Updated Driver Software.
- If Windows finds an update, click on the Install button.
- Finally, click on the Windows Has Successfully Updated Your Driver Software.
- Once the process is finished, make sure to restart your device.
3. Use a dedicated third-party software
Outdated or faulty drivers will have an impact on the associated software in a sense that will interfere in the well function of the program.
The manual methods presented above can take more time than using a dedicated third party tool that will ensure your drivers will be updated constantly and error-free.
Some of the most common Windows errors and bugs are a result of old or incompatible drivers. The lack of an up-to-date system can lead to lag, system errors or even BSoDs.To avoid these types of problems, you can use an automatic tool that will find, download, and install the right driver version on your Windows PC in just a couple of clicks, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The software will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Drivers will no longer create any problems if you download and use this powerful software today.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
As you could see, downloading the Microsoft display adapter driver in Windows 10 is easy with the right guidelines.
You can download the display adapter driver manually although, in order to avoid installing the wrong drivers and causing other issues, using a dedicated tool is recommended.
If you have additional suggestions ore recommendations, don’t hesitate to write them in the dedicated section below.