- The Microsoft display adapter driver is a software built-in directly in Windows 10 and offers display and graphics capabilities.
- Downloading and installing the Microsoft display adapter driver directly from Device Manager is a quick way of solving the problem.
- Another efficient way of downloading the Microsoft display adapter driver is through the Windows update option.
- Using a dedicated third-party tool is the most reliable and recommended way of solving this issue once and for all.
The Microsoft Display Adapter driver is an essential built-in part of Windows that offers display and graphics capabilities, especially if the software from your hardware manufacturer isn’t installed.
In general, the latest drivers are provided with every last Windows Update as part of the Windows setup but due to various factors, it can happen that the drivers are not installed right away.
In some cases, the Microsoft Display Adapter driver will not work at all, which can, in turn, cause a cascade of issues with your OS.
Can I download Microsoft Basic Display Adapter driver on Windows 11?
Yes, you can download this driver on all versions of Windows, including the latest one. We have a useful guide on how to update graphics drivers on Windows 11, so you should check it out for more information.
Do keep in mind that sometimes these methods won’t work, and you might get The best driver software is already installed message.
Updating your drivers is crucial, especially if the Microsoft display adapter isn’t connecting, and this guide will show you how to do that.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
How do I install Microsoft Basic display adapter driver on Windows 10?
1. Use Windows Update
- Go to the Start button and click on Settings then go to Update & Security.
- Here, click on the Check for updates button and wait for the search to finish.
- In case there is a new update available click on the Install option then reboot your PC once it’s done.
2. Use Device Manager
1. Right-click the Start icon then select Device Manager.
2. Locate the Display adapters option and expand it.
3. Right-click on the driver and choose Update driver.
4. Next, click on Search automatically for Updated Driver Software.
5. Once the process is finished, make sure to restart your device.
Another easy method to install the Microsoft Basic display adapter is via Device Manager. Basically, Device Manager can automatically install it for you within a few clicks.
3. Use a dedicated third-party software
Outdated or faulty drivers will have an impact on the associated software in a sense that will interfere with the good function of the program.
The manual methods presented above can take more time than using a dedicated third-party tool that will ensure your drivers will be updated constantly and error-free.
In case you need an automated method to help you install or update the latest version for any drivers, then it’s time to switch to specialized software.
The following tool can optimize your system functionality by providing up-to-date drivers from its rich online database that hosts millions of driver devices.
As you could see, downloading the Microsoft display adapter driver in Windows 10 is easy with the right guidelines.
You can download the display adapter driver manually although, in order to avoid installing the wrong drivers and causing other issues, using a dedicated tool is recommended.
If you have additional suggestions or recommendations, don’t hesitate to write them in the dedicated section below.