These days we realized that my Firefox and Chrome browsers have become slower, and we’re not sure what seems to be the reason since our system is far from being obsolete. Then we thought about Opera and decided to download it right away.
The Opera browser is known for the fact that it is really fast and it comes with some really cool data compression features which the browser has recently launched for mobile platforms, as well.
However, right now there isn’t a touch version of the Opera app in the Windows Store, so until and if that moment arrives, we’ll have to resort to the desktop version. We just hope you’re not running on Windows RT. After using Opera for a few days on Windows 10, we realized that we’ve fallen in love and that we will soon ditch Firefox and Chrome for it.
Opera comes with the basic features that any browser should have, such as pop-up blocking, tabbed browsing, integrated searches, and others. But what sets this browser apart is its ultra snappy Internet-browsing session, with or without loading images.
So, without further ado, let’s provide download links for the famous Opera browser for Windows 10 and also keep you update with the latest version and all that has been made new inside the app.
Download Opera Browser for Windows 10
Download Opera browser for Windows – Latest updates
UPDATE: At the time of writing, the latest Opera version is Opera 67. This new browser version brings a series of important fixes and improvements:
- CHR-7852 Update chromium on desktop-stable-80-3575 to 80.0.3987.163
- DNA-82540 Crash atremote_cocoa::NativeWidgetNSWindowBridge:: SetVisibilityState(remote_cocoa::mojom::WindowVisibilityState)
- DNA-84951 New PiP is completely black for some 2 GPU setups
- DNA-85284 Chrome “Open link in same tab, pop-up as tab [Free]” extension is no longer working in Opera
- DNA-85415 [Mac] Inspect Popup not working
- DNA-85530 Create API for displaying and triggering “unread” mode for messengers from in-app
- DNA-85537 Let addons.opera.com interact with sidebar messengers
For more information about the latest Opera version, you can check out the company’s official blog post.
- A plethora of awesome features
- Integrates several messenger services
- Built-in ad-blocker and VPN
- Easy to install
- Visually-appealing interface
Easy to install
Given that the web browser is among the first things to install on a fresh PC, setting Opera Browser up could not be easier. You just download the installer executable on your computer, launch it, customize the destination path and let it work its magic.
At the end of the process, you may be prompted to modify your default web browser to Opera Browser. However, you should know that it’s not a necessity, and you can skip this step safely.
User-friendly, flashy interface
It’s not flashy per se, but it has all of these awesome features, including built-in Messenger and WhatsApp tools. You can work on your projects and keep in touch with your loved ones at the same time, provided that you have the discipline to still focus on your work.
You can also take a snapshot of the page you’re currently browsing, capture a user-defined selection of the screen, or save the whole page as a PDF document if you want to. These features, and many others, make Opera and its interface really stand out in the crowd.
Built-in VPN and ad-blocker
Even if you’re not tech-savvy, you might’ve heard about the importance of ad-blockers and VPNs. With Opera, you don’t even need to worry about these two, since their functionality is embedded in the browser’s very core.
There’s even a crypto wallet feature available for you to use, but you must configure it on your Android or iOS device before you can use it within the browser. Note that despite their seamless integration with the browser, you will still have to activate these features if you want to use them.
You can find them in the Easy Setup menu, and activating them is really easy, too. You just flip the switch for the feature you want to use and that’s it. If you want to find out more, there’s a more complete list of awesome Opera Browser features at the end of the review. Make sure not to miss it!
FAQ: Learn more about Opera Browser
- Is Opera Browser safe?
All web browsers, Opera Browser included, are subject to vulnerabilities, cyber threats, spyware, and other such unfortunate attacks. However, currently, Opera Browser is not facing any imminent threat or present any unpatched security flaw and is safe to use.
- Is Opera Browser a virus?
Most definitely not. Although there are many viruses that disguise themselves as legit programs so they can run on your computer, if you downloaded Opera Browser from a legitimate source, there’s probably nothing to worry about.
- Is Opera VPN safe to use?
When you enable the Opera Browser VPN, a secure tunnel connection is established between you and one of Opera’s servers. Your connection is protected by 256-bit encryption, which makes Opera VPN a great VPN provider, considering that it’s not only secure but also free.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in March 2014 and has been since revamped and updated in April 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
Overview of Opera features
- Built-in adblocker lets you enjoy a significantly lower loading time for webpages
- You can unblock ads on any website easily if you want to
- Free, subscription-less VPN embedded within Opera Browser’s core
- You can choose the VPN’s virtual location and view stats of the data you used
- Opera Browser features built-in converters for measurement, currency, and time zone
- Extend your laptop’s on-battery uptime with Opera Browser’s built-in battery saver
- Includes visual, personalized bookmarks that you can adjust and organize however you want
- Opera account lets you synchronize your tabs, bookmarks, and passwords across all your devices
- Integrates messengers such as Facebook, VKontakte, WhatsApp, and Telegram
- Retrieve a personal newsfeed that you can customize and personalize
- Take snapshots, edit, and share them however you want right from the main window
- Flow lets you share your findings with your phone seamlessly
- ALT + Space keyboard shortcut lets you perform a web search without leaving the website you’re on
- Search in tabs feature lets you locate useful information in your opened tabs on the fly
- Detach online videos and keep on watching them in a floating window that you can move on the screen
- Separate workspaces that you can use to organize tabs and browsing efficiently
- Software Version
- Opera Browser, web browser, Internet