When your computer encounters severe functioning issues, it can display a Pink Screen of Death error. If you’re experiencing a PSoD, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll show you how to quickly fix this problem.
First, here’s how users describe this error:
When I close the lid of the laptop to bring it to my lounge and plug it to my TV via an HDMI cable, upon reopening it shows a Pink Screen of Death saying “HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED”. […]
I plug the HDMI cable with the computer on, it gives no problems. But if I plug the cable while it sleeps and THEN I wake it up, it gives the pink screen.
How to fix the Pink Screen of Death error
1. Press and hold the power button on your computer to shut it down. Unplug all your peripherals. Then turn the PC back on to see if this simple action solved the problem.
2. Update your display drivers:
- Launch Device Manager
- Expand Display Adapters > right click on the graphic card
- Select Update driver software > follow the on-screen instructions to update the driver.
3. Check recently installed programs
Recently installed apps and programs may cause Pink Screen of Death errors. Go to Add or remove programs and sort your programs by date with the latest on top. Identify software that has been installed recently that you don’t need. Uninstall the respective software and check if this action solved the problem.
4. If the PSoD error occurs when you’re playing particular games, try deleting and re-installing them. Also verify the integrity of the game cache.
We hope that the solutions listed above helped you to fix the PSoD error. If you’ve come across other workarounds to fix this problem, you can help the community by listing the troubleshooting steps in the comment section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT: