Many users reported There was a problem with the printhead error while trying to print certain documents. This error will prevent you from printing, but there’s a way to fix it.
How do you fix a printhead problem?
1. Clean the printhead
- First, you will have to press the Power button to turn off the printer.
- Disconnect the printer from the power outlet.
- Then, open the cartridge access door.
- After this, remove all the cartridges and put them on somewhere with the ink opening up. Attention: Keep in mind not to leave the cartridge outside of the printer for longer than 30 minutes. Because this thing could harm the cartridge, but also the printer.
- Now carefully, lift the latch handle on the print carriage until it stops.
- Then carefully remove the printhead, also by lifting it up.
- And finally, clean the printhead.
Note: You will have to know that there are 3 areas of the printhead and they all need to be cleaned. These are:
- The plastic ramps on both sides of the ink nozzles.
- The edge between the nozzles.
- The electrical contacts.
Note: Be very careful when cleaning the nozzles and the electrical contact areas. Do not touch the nozzles and the electrical contact areas with your fingers. Clean them only with cleaning materials.
2. Restart the printer
- First, you will have to turn on the printer and wait until the printer is idle and silent.
- After this, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and unplug it from the wall outlet.
- Now, wait 1 minute and plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer, then turn on the printer and wait until is idle and silent.
3. Replace the printhead
- If the previous methods didn’t work, try replacing the printhead.
- In case the new printhead doesn’t work, you might want to take your printer to the repair center and ask the professional to take a look.
We hope that these three solutions helped you and now the issue is resolved and the error message is not appearing anymore.