- Creating screenshots is pretty simple, but in most cases, you’re limited just to several formats.
- What about PDF format? Today we’ll show you how to save a screenshot as a PDF file on Windows 10.
- Looking for more software guides and fixes? You can find them in our Software section.
- If you’re in need of other in-depth guides, we suggest that you check our How-To Hub for more useful articles.
Creating screenshots on Windows is fairly simple, and you can easily create JPG or PNG screenshots without third-party tools.
What about PDF screenshots? In today’s article we’ll show you how to save screenshots as PDF on Windows 10, so let’s get started.
How can I save screenshots as PDF on Windows 10?
1. Use Snagit
- Download and install Snagit.
- Start the software.
- You’ll be asked to activate the free trial, so be sure to do so.
- Select the Image option and click on the Capture button.
- Select the area that you want to screenshot.
- A new window will appear.
- Select File > Save as.
- Choose the save location, set the desired file name, select PDF as the Save as type, and click the Save button.
Snagit is a screen capture and recording software and it can capture your desktop, a region, or a scrolling window. In can even grab text from screenshots.
The software also works as a screen recorder, but it can also record your webcam or just record the audio. You can also trim your videos if needed, or convert them to GIFs.
Snagit also supports annotations, step numbering, and it allows you to move the objects on your screenshots and edit the text.
Overall, Snagit is one of the best screenshot/screen recording tools with unique features, so you should definitely try it out.
2. Use Paint
- Create a screenshot with Print Screen or Alt + Print Screen keyboard shortcut.
- Press Windows Key + S, enter paint, and select Paint from the menu.
- Press Ctrl + V to paste the screenshot into Paint.
- Go to File > Print.
- Select Microsoft Print to PDF and choose Print.
- Now select the desired save location, enter the desired name, and click on Print.
How do I convert a screenshot to a PDF?
1. Use Adobe Acrobat
If you want to convert screenshots to PDF, Adobe Acrobat will be the best choice for that. The software can convert all sorts of formats to PDF including both JPG and PNG.
In addition to file conversion, you can extensively edit the PDF files with Adobe Acrobat, or add comments, highlights, and annotations.
The software can also recognize the scanned text, and it also allows you to edit it. Adobe Acrobat supports page manipulation, and you can combine pages, delete them, reorder them, split, or crop them.
Lastly, document signing is available, and you can create fillable forms easily, request signatures, and fill forms on your own.
Overall, Adobe Acrobat is one of the best tools to create and convert PDF files, so be sure to try it out.
2. Use the Photos app
- Open the screenshot that you want to convert in the Photos app.
- Click the Print option in the top right corner.
- When the Print window opens, set Printer to Microsoft Print to PDF. Now click the Print button.
- Select the save location and enter the desired file name. Now click on Save to save files.
Note: You can use any application for this purpose, but we decided to use the Photos app since it’s the default photo viewer app on Windows 10.
We also wrote an in-depth guide on how to convert images into PDF files, so we encourage you to check it out.
Saving screenshots as PDF files is simple, and you just need to use a tool that supports that, such as Snagit, or rely on Print to PDF option in Paint or in other image editing software.
As for converting screenshots to PDF, you can do that with the Print to PDF feature, or you can use professional tools such as Adobe Acrobat.
Are you looking for new software for PDF files? If so, be sure to check our best free PDF reading software.