WinZip is a dedicated file archiving tool that has been around since 1991, although it has changed dramatically since its first iteration, surpassing other similar tools such as WinRAR.
It has evolved over the years to include more and more tools, and as of today, not only does it include file archiving tool but it also deals with:
- Data encryption
- Data sharing
- Archive repair
- Data Backup
- File conversion
- File merging
- File management
- Cloud support that includes services like:
WinZip system requirements
WinZip has always been a tool that was very lightweight in general, and admittedly, there is no reason why a program that is mainly an achiever would take up a lot of resources.
Tests made while using the product released that it uses the most resources during archiving and unzipping data, but that itself was to be expected.
More so, the values themselves were extremely low anyway.
That being said, here are the recommended system requirements to run WinZip optimally:
- Operating System: Microsoft®Windows®XP, Windows Vista®,or Windows 7 with the latest service packs installed, or Windows 10.
- Processor: Pentium®-compatible 350MHz or higher processor.
- Memory: 128 MB of RAM.
- Space: 15.4 MB of hard disk space.
- Monitor specifications: 640 x 480 or higher monitor resolution.
- Peripherals: Mouse.