If you can’t download your favorite games from the Microsoft Store fast enough, we may have the solution for you. Many Sea of Thieves players complained about slow download issues and one resourceful gamer even came up with a solution.
This issue affected many players especially after the recent Sea of Thieves update, but you can now fix it by following the instructions listed below.
The good news is that you can use this workaround to improve the download speed of all the games you’re trying to install from the Store. This solution will also help you download Store updates much faster.
How can I fix slow downloads on the Microsoft Store?
- Go to start > type ‘settings’ > launch the Settings page
- Navigate to Windows Update > select Advanced Options
- Go to Delivery Optimisation > select Advanced Options
- Now, you need to simply enable the option ‘Limit how much bandwidth is used for downloading updates in the background’ and take the slider to 100% .
By doing this, you’ll disable the Windows 10‘s Dynamic Download optimization feature which automatically limits your download speed.
Did you know that Windows lets you set up absolute bandwidth limits for downloads? Learn more by reading this article.
The next step is to uninstall the game completely and then download it again from the Microsoft Store. Keep in mind that this workaround applies only to the Store and won’t speed up third-party game downloads.
If you’re still experiencing slow download issues after following the instructions above, restart your modem/router and then run the WSRESET.EXE command. Go to Start > type WSRESET.EXE and hit Enter.
If you noticed other slowdown issues on your Windows 10 computer, the following troubleshooting guides may help you fix these problems:
- Full Fix: Windows 10, 8.1, 7 is Slowing Down my Computer
- Fix: Microsoft Edge runs slow in Windows 10
- Fix typing lag or slow keyboard response in Windows 10
If you have any other suggestions or questions, don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section below and we’ll be sure to check them out.
- 14 things to do when your Microsoft Store game crashes
- Try that again Something happened error in Microsoft Store [FIX]
- FIX: Microsoft Store Stopped Working after Windows 10 Update