- Steam is the largest gaming distribution platform with millions of users.
- Login issues can sometimes appear, and today we’ll show you how to fix Too many login failures message on Steam.
- Need more fix guides? Be sure to visit our dedicated Fix section for more articles like this one.
- We covered Steam extensively in the past, and for more guides, news, and fixes, visit our Steam Hub.
Steam is a popular gaming platform, but some users reported Too many login failures message on Steam that prevents them from logging in.
This error can prevent you from playing your favorite games, but in today’s article, we’re going to show you how to fix it once and for all.
How do I fix too many login failed on Steam?
1. Clear browsing cache/switch to a different browser
After clearing the cache, check if the problem is still there. We showed you how to clean the cache in Chrome, but the methods should be more or less the same for other web browsers.
Alternatively, you can try switching to a different browser, such as Opera GX for example. This browser is optimized for gamers, it runs on the Chromium engine, and it can work with Chrome extensions.
The browser has a GX Control feature that allows you to allocate your resources. There’s also a Hot tabs killer feature that can instantly close any tab that is using too many resources.
Opera GX is a fast, slim, and reliable browser, and with Twitch and Discord integration, it’s a perfect choice for gamers.
Other great features:
- Customizable interface
- Dark mode for pages
- Workspaces for tabs
- Instagram and messenger integration
Opera GXOpera GX is a fast, reliable, and secure web browser, specially designed for gamers.
2. Wait for an hour
- Turn off Steam completely. Make sure that the client is closed.
- Wait for at least an hour without trying to log in.
- After an hour has passed, try to log in to Steam again.
Several users reported that this method worked for them, so you might want to try it out. Keep in mind that some users reported that they had to wait up to 24h.
3. Restart your modem
- Go to your modem and press the Power button to turn it off.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Press the Power button again to turn the modem on.
- Once the modem boots, try accessing Steam again.
4. Use a VPN
If you’re getting Too many login failures message on Steam, using a VPN can help you circumvent that. There are many great VPN services, but if we had to choose one, we’d recommend Private Internet Access.
This VPN will protect your privacy and encrypt your traffic so it won’t be visible to third parties or your ISP. The service has more than 19000 servers in 76 different countries around the world.
Private Internet Access offers unlimited bandwidth, great speed, and it doesn’t keep records of your online activity, so it’s without a doubt one of the best VPNs on the market.
Other great features:
- Supports up to 10 devices
- Support for P2P
- Uses Wireguard, PPTP, OpenVPN, and L2TP/IPSec protocols
- Easy to use
Private Internet AccessPrivate Internet Access is world’s leading VPN service with more than 19000 servers available.
5. Use a different network
- If possible, switch to a different network and try to log in again.
- Alternatively, enable mobile data on your phone, and use your phone to log in to Steam.
Many users reported that this solution worked for them, so be sure to try it out.
Too many login failures error can prevent you from logging in to Steam, but if you can’t wait for a couple of hours, be sure to try one of the solutions from this guide.
FAQ: Learn more about Steam
- How long do you have to wait after too many login attempts?
You usually have to wait for at least an hour, but you can circumvent this by switching to Opera GX or any other web browser.
- Why can’t I log into my Steam account?
There are many reasons, but a common one can be a network issue, so it’s advised that you restart your router.
- How do I unlock my steam account for free?
The only way to unlock a Steam account and gain access to all features is to spend at least $5 on Steam.