- Many users reported that the There have been too many login failures Steam error prevent them from using the platform.
- The first thing that you can try is to try logging in to Steam from a different web browser.
- You can fix this issue simply by waiting for a couple of hours or by restarting your modem.
- If you keep getting this network error, you might want to consider using a VPN to fix it.
This error can prevent you from playing your favorite games, but in today’s article, we’re going to show you how to fix it once and for all.
How can I fix too many logins failed on Steam?
1. Clear browsing cache/switch to a different browser
After clearing the cache, check if the Too many login attempts message appears in Steam.
We showed you how to clean the cache in Chrome, but the methods should be more or less the same for other web browsers.
Alternatively, you can try switching to a different browser optimized for gamers, such as Opera GX, that runs on the Chromium engine, and it can work with Chrome extensions.
The browser has a GX Control feature that allows you to allocate your resources, and a Hot tabs killer feature that can instantly close any tab that is using too many resources.
Opera GX is a fast, slim, and reliable browser, and with Twitch and Discord integration, it’s a perfect choice for gamers.
Opera GX is a fast, reliable, and secure web browser, specially designed for gamers.
2. Wait for an hour
- Turn off Steam completely. Make sure that the client is closed.
- Wait for at least an hour without trying to log in.
- After an hour has passed, try to log in to Steam again.
Several users reported that this method worked for them, so you might want to try it out.
Keep in mind that some users reported that they had to wait up to 24h to fix There have been too many login failures Steam error.
3. Restart your modem
- Go to your modem and press the Power button to turn it off.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Press the Power button again to turn the modem on.
- Once the modem boots, try accessing Steam again.
This is a simple workaround, but it might help you fix There have been too many login failures from your network in a short time period error.
4. Use a VPN
If you’re getting Too many login failures message on Steam, using a VPN can help you circumvent that.
Our VPN recommendation will protect your privacy and encrypt your traffic, so it won’t be visible to third parties or your ISP.
The service has more than 19000 servers in 76 different countries around the world, and it offers unlimited bandwidth, great speed, and it doesn’t keep records of your online activity.
This is without a doubt one of the best VPNs on the market, that supports up to 10 devices, and it uses ses Wireguard, PPTP, OpenVPN, and L2TP/IPSec protocols.
5. Use a different network
- If possible, switch to a different network and try to log in again.
- Alternatively, enable mobile data on your phone, and use your phone to log in to Steam.
Many users reported that this solution worked for them, so be sure to try it out.
Also, if you are unable to run Steam games on Windows 10, don’t hesitate to look for the best solutions to simply get rid of this problem.
Too many login failures error can prevent you from logging in to Steam, but if you can’t wait for a couple of hours, be sure to try one of the solutions from above.
We hope that these fixes were helpful. For more suggestions or other questions, please access the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
You usually have to wait for at least an hour, but you can circumvent this by switching to Opera GX or any other web browser.
There are many reasons, but a common one can be a network issue, so it’s advised that you restart your router. Also, check out our complete guide if Windows could not find a driver for the network adapter, and fix this issue in no time.
The only way to unlock a Steam account and gain access to all features is to spend at least $5 on Steam.