- The Sys_Error DEV ERROR 6041 in COD Warzone can occur due to corrupt game files.
- Running an SFC scan may find and fix corrupt system files causing issues with the game.
- Reinstalling the game should be the last option because it can result in data loss.
COD Warzone is one of the most popular games in the world, with many players around the globe. However, the game suffers from bugs like Sys_Error DEV ERROR 6041, preventing players from using the game.
Another COD Warzone error is the error code torch, indicating that the game can’t start.
What causes the Sys_Error DEV ERROR 6041 in COD?
Many factors can cause the Sys_Error DEV ERROR 6041 in COD Warzone, ranging from issues with the game client to problems with the PC. The most common cause is a corrupt game installation file. It impedes the game from functioning as it should, resulting in errors.
Other factors that may be responsible for the Sys_Error DEV ERROR 6041 in COD Warzone are:
- Game requirement issues – You may encounter various DEV errors while playing your COD game if your device doesn’t meet the requirements. It can cause the game client to crash or malfunction.
- Overlay features on other programs – Other programs like Steam, Nvidia GeForce, and Overwatch have the overlay feature. Likewise, COD Warzone has an overlay feature that doesn’t work well with other programs. It can interfere with the feature in the game, causing it to crash or run into the Sys_Error DEV ERROR 6041.
- Outdated game client and PC drivers – An outdated game client is prone to several bugs that affect its performance. Also, the outdated graphics card driver on the PC can cause an error.
The cause of the Sys_Error DEV ERROR 6041 in COD Warzone may vary in different devices. Nonetheless, you can fix it by tweaking your game and device.
How do I fix Sys_Error DEV ERROR 6041 in COD Warzone?
Before proceeding with any advanced steps, try the following:
- Stop background apps running on your PC.
- Another essential thing to do to fix the problem is to check if your device meets the system requirements. COD Warzone has recommended and minimum requirements that determine devices suitable for it. However, the only fix for systems that don’t meet the requirements of the game is to upgrade or switch to a compatible device.
- Temporarily disable antivirus software.
- Restart Windows in Safe Mode and check if the error persists.
If you still can’t fix the Sys_Error DEV ERROR 6041 in COD Warzone, go ahead with the fixes below.
1. Run a System File Checker (SFC) scan
- Left-click the Start button, type command prompt, and select Run as administrator.
- Click Yes on the User Account Control prompt.
- Type the following and press Enter:
- Restart your PC, then launch COD Warzone to check if the error appears again.
The System File Checker scan will repair corrupt system files causing the game to run into the DEV ERROR 6041.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
If you want to perform this scan faster and more efficiently, we recommend you try an automated alternative, such as Restoro.
This software helps you run a comprehensive scan of your computer to find corrupted files and locate healthy replacements for the malfunctioning files.
Check our article about what to do if nothing happens when you select run as administrator on Windows 11.
2. Scan and repair game files
- Left-click the Start button, type Battle.net, then click Open.
- Select COD Warzone in your library. Click the Options button and select Scan and Repair.
- Click Begin Repair to start the scanning process.
- Wait until the scan is complete, restart your PC, and check if the error persists.
Repairing the game files will fix corrupt files that may impede the game’s activities.
3. Uninstall and reinstall Call of Duty Warzone
- Left-click the Start button, type Battle.net, and click Open.
- Select COD Warzone in your library. Click the Options button and select Uninstall.
- Once the process is completed, click the Install button to reinstall COD Warzone.
- Launch Warzone and check if you encounter any errors.
Uninstalling Warzone will clear the corrupt files prompting the Sys_Error DEV ERROR 6041 in COD Warzone.
Alternatively, updating COD Warzone can generally fix game errors you can encounter. So, it may be beneficial to read about fixing the COD Warzone Update requires a restart error on your device.
You can also check our article about how to fix Dev Error 5476 in Warzone.
If you have questions or suggestions about this guide, kindly use the comments section below.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.