6 best PC software that can talk to you [2019 List]
You can take your ordinary PC and give it Artificial Intelligence powers. There are a lot of AI programs that allow you to interact with your PC and transform the machine into your very own personal assistant.
These days, interacting with your computer is not sci-fi anymore, and this possibility is right here at your fingertips, so it would be a shame not to try it for yourself.
We gathered five of the best PC tools that are able to interact with you, so make sure to check out their sets of features because they are unique.
After seeing what they’re capable of, you can make the best-informed decision for your needs. Become BFFs with your computer starting today.
JARVIS is created by the developer called The Pennyworth Project, and it’s a great context sensing software with prediction supports.
This software supports Learners, Predictions, Rules, and Sensors. The automatic mode provides correction when a specific trigger is detected, and you will get the opportunity to configure the triggers via the configuration menu.
Check out more exciting features that are included in this tool:
- After you install the JARVIS app, you can launch the software by finding and clicking the new Jarvis group entry in Windows’ Start Menu.
- When you first launch the tool, there’s a small icon that will appear in the system notification area, and this will be the main way that you will use to interact with JARVIS.
- If you right-click on the icon, there will appear a menu, and this will expose all the functionalities that this software is able to provide.
- You will be able to train the software and monitor its context predictions until it gets better and better.
- Over time, the software will become great at predicting your context automatically.
The 22.214.171.124 version of JARVIS is offered as a free download, and the size of the latest downloadable setup file is 1.2MB. You can find out more about this software and download it for free to see how it works on your PC running Windows.
Braina is short for Brain Artificial, and it’s an intelligent virtual assistant that will allow you to interact with your PC via voice commands.
If you think that this sounds a lot like Siri or Cortana, we have to tell you that you’re wrong. Braina is not a search program, and it can do much more.
Check out the best features that are included in this AI software below:
- This is a human language interface, voice recognition and automation software for systems running Windows.
- This fantastic software allows users to accurately convert speech to text in more than 100 different languages.
- Using Braina, you will be able to control your computer using natural language commands.
- This is not a simple chat-bot, and its primary focus is to be extraordinarily functional and to help users in doing various tasks.
- You will be able to type all kinds of commands and even speak to it, and Braina will understand perfectly what you want from it.
- Braina is a result of intense research that was made in the field of AI.
- The software is a digital assistant that is able to understand, think and also learn from its experience just like a human brain.
- Braina can also learn from conversations.
This is a multi-functional AI software that provides a single window environment to control your PC and perform a massive range of tasks such as dictation, searching data online, playing songs, opening and searching files on your PC, setting alarms and reminders, performing mathematical operations, remembering notes, automating various tasks, reading e-books and more.
You can read more in-depth details on this fantastic piece of software by heading over to Braina’s official website.
Talk for Me
This is an app that is designed to offer a voice to those without a voice. It comes with a few sections with tiles that are designed to help users string together sentences in order to be able to communicate better with the ones around.
This tool also packs a dedicated keyboard function where a user will be able to type in a message and then have the computer speak on their behalf. This tool is more than useful for people who have Autism, PSP, ALS, CBD, survived strokes and more.
Here are Talk for Me’s most important features:
- This is a text to speech designed app with massive touch points.
- The software comes with a customizable home screen that makes it easy to use even for people who are not really advanced or experts in this kind of software.
- The customizable sections include People, Food, Phrases, People, Sports, Entertainment, Medical, Numbers, and Persona Information.
- The app comes with a large on-screen keyboard.
- You will be able to adjust the rate of speech and the voice based on your computer’s installed voices.
- This software works flawlessly with mouse, touch, keyboard and also pen, but this depends on the device that you are using.
This app packs a lot of useful features and the fact that it’s highly customizable comes in handy every time. There are lots of users who say that they use this app for patients who are not able to speak and via this app, the patients are able to communicate with others, and this is beyond amazing.
You can find out more about the great software and download Talk for Me from the Microsoft Store.
- ALSO READ: Top 5 speech recognition apps for Windows 10
DataBot is a free virtual talking robot that you will be able to install on your computer running Windows. It is able to answer with its own voice to your requests upon the topic that you are interested in. There are various apps and services that are integrated into this software to module in the bot’s memories, to give back to you images and to search all kinds of data.
You will be able to use DataBot whenever you travel, study, work, relax or play because it will search for you all that you need to listen or know in just a few seconds.
Take a look at the best features that you will be able to enjoy if you do decide to use DataBot:
- This software is able to quickly identify the subject that you required.
- DataBot can create customized multimedia presentations using text, images, and voice as well.
- This program is also able to answer various specific questions, and it will create reports that will include the answer, related details, search services, materials, links and more.
- DataBot allows you to share answers effortlessly using SMS, social networks, and emails.
- You can also enhance the bot’s abilities by using free or purchased upgrades.
- DataBot has the fantastic features of customizing itself based on your preferences that include voice, language, name, and behavior.
- The software will gain experience while you are using it and this can be considered as an alternative method to obtain upgrades that are available in the store or various exclusive rewards.
- The services and modules that are available in DataBot include some of the following: dictionary, horoscope, secretary, thematic, jokes, news, sounds, brain train, riddle, quotes, and more.
You can find out more about this useful software by heading over to the Microsoft Store and download DataBot for free.
If you’re using Windows 10, you should know there is a built-in virtual assistant that you can talk to. Cortana is a very useful AI-powered tool that you can use to set reminders, dictate emails to, find various information on the internet and so on.
Microsoft has added a series of new features to its virtual assistant in recent years. You can now use it on other operating systems as well, including Android.
Of course, in order to work properly, Cortana needs to access all the information on your computer. Some users may feel this affects their privacy, so keep this fact in mind when you turn on Cortana.
For more information about Cortana and how to use, go to Microsoft’s official website.
There are a lot of people who rely on text to speech programs because these allow the computer to do all the talking. Computer Talker is a free text to speech software for Windows that has been created by Point64.
The software is a simple tool that is able to make your computer talk in such a way that it translated or coverts anything that you write or read into speech. It comes with a built-in naturally sounding voice that can read your text out loud.
- ALSO READ: 5 tools to change your voice on Skype with
Check out the main features and functionalities that are packed into this program below:
- It comes with a straightforward user interface that makes it easier to be used even for beginners.
- The software is able to read or convert the text into speech using its naturally sounding female voice.
- This piece of software is effortless to use, and all you have to do is copy and paste the text that you want to convert into speech, and after you are done, you have to press the Talk button.
- The program can easily recognize English words, and it is able to pronounce them correctly.
You can check out more about this software and download Computer Talker on your own PC just to see how it works.
UPDATE: Computer Talker has been discontinued. But you can still download the executable file from reliable download websites.
These are five of the best programs that can make your computer talk to you and it’s recommended that you check out the whole sets of their features before making your final decision.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- 5 best voice over tools to use on your Windows 10 computer
- 5 of the best voice controlled home automation software
- How to control your Windows 10 PC with nothing else but your voice
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in February 2018 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.
Best PC programs that talk to you
Apex Legends is the latest battle royale blockbuster for Windows that EA and Respawn released on Origin. However, some Apex players have stated that the […]
Do you like to keep your Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 system secured? Of course, you do, as everyone tries to keep their data in […]
Taskhost.exe is a process that hosts various Windows processes running from a dynamic link library instead of the conventional .exes (executable files). You see, libraries (.dlls) […]