- If you're looking for alternatives to the Cortana virtual assistant, make sure to check out our picks
- You might also be interested in other artificial intelligence software programs
- Windows users looking for a way to automate PC tasks can check out our favorite tools for the job
- Visit our Tools and Utilities section to read more awesome guides!
Talking PC software tools take your ordinary computer and give it Artificial Intelligence powers. There are a lot of AI programs that allow you to interact with your PC and transform the machine into your very own personal assistant.
Thankfully, we live in a time where interacting with your computer is not Sci-Fi anymore. And this possibility is right here at your fingertips, so it would be a shame not to try it for yourself.
We gathered the 6 best PC tools that can talk back to you, so make sure to check out their features. Some are unique.
After seeing what they’re capable of, you can make an informed decision for your needs. Become BFFs with your computer today!
Top 6 software programs that talk back
Jarvis is created by The Pennyworth Project, and it’s a great context-sensing software program with prediction support. It supports Learners, Predictions, Rules, and Sensors.
The automatic mode provides correction when a specific trigger is detected, and you will get the opportunity to configure the triggers via the configuration menu.
Here are the key features of Jarvis:
- After you install the Jarvis app, you can launch the software by finding and clicking the new Jarvis group entry in Windows’ Start Menu.
- When you first launch the tool, there’s a small icon that will appear in the system notification area, and this will be the main way that you will use to interact with JARVIS.
- If you right-click on the icon, there will appear a menu, and this will expose all the functionalities that this software is able to provide.
- You will be able to train the software and monitor its context predictions until it gets better and better.
- Over time, the software will become great at predicting your context automatically.
Braina is short for Brain Artificial, and it’s an intelligent virtual assistant that will allow you to interact with your PC via voice commands.
If you think that this sounds a lot like Siri or Cortana, we have to tell you that you’re wrong. Braina is not a search program, and it can do much more.
Here are the key features of the Braina AI software:
- This is a human language interface, voice recognition and automation software for systems running Windows.
- This fantastic software allows users to accurately convert speech to text in more than 100 different languages.
- Using Braina, you will be able to control your computer using natural language commands.
- This is not a simple chat-bot, and its primary focus is to be extraordinarily functional and to help users in doing various tasks.
- You will be able to type all kinds of commands and even speak to it, and Braina will understand perfectly what you want from it.
- Braina is a result of intense research that was made in the field of AI.
- The software is a digital assistant that is able to understand, think and also learn from its experience just like a human brain.
- Braina can also learn from conversations.
This is a multi-functional AI software that provides a single window environment to control your PC and perform a massive range of tasks such as dictation, searching data online, playing songs, opening and searching files on your PC, setting alarms and reminders, performing mathematical operations, remembering notes, automating various tasks, reading e-books and more.
Talk for Me
Talk for Me is an app that is designed to offer a voice to those without a voice.
It comes with a few sections with tiles that are designed to help users string together sentences in order to be able to communicate better with the ones around.
This tool is more than useful for people who have Autism, PSP, ALS, CBD, survived strokes and more.
Here are the key features of Talk for me:
- This is a text to speech designed app with massive touch points.
- The software comes with a customizable home screen that makes it easy to use even for people who are not really advanced or experts in this kind of software.
- The customizable sections include People, Food, Phrases, People, Sports, Entertainment, Medical, Numbers, and Persona Information.
- The app comes with a large on-screen keyboard.
- You will be able to adjust the rate of speech and the voice based on your computer’s installed voices.
- This software works flawlessly with mouse, touch, keyboard and also pen, but this depends on the device that you are using.
This app packs a lot of useful features and the fact that it’s highly customizable comes in handy every time.
There are lots of users who say that they use this app for patients who are not able to speak and via this app, the patients are able to communicate with others, and this is beyond amazing.
DataBot is a free virtual talking robot that you will be able to install on your computer running Windows. It answers to your question with its own voice, depending on the topic.
There are various apps and services that are integrated into this software to module in the bot’s memories, to give back to you images and to search all kinds of data.
You will be able to use DataBot whenever you travel, study, work, relax or play because it will search for you all that you need to listen or know in just a few seconds.
Here are the key features of DataBot:
- This software is able to quickly identify the subject that you required.
- DataBot can create customized multimedia presentations using text, images, and voice as well.
- This program is also able to answer various specific questions, and it will create reports that will include the answer, related details, search services, materials, links and more.
- DataBot allows you to share answers effortlessly using SMS, social networks, and emails.
- You can also enhance the bot’s abilities by using free or purchased upgrades.
- DataBot has the fantastic features of customizing itself based on your preferences that include voice, language, name, and behavior.
- The software will gain experience while you are using it and this can be considered as an alternative method to obtain upgrades that are available in the store or various exclusive rewards.
- The services and modules that are available in DataBot include some of the following: dictionary, horoscope, secretary, thematic, jokes, news, sounds, brain train, riddle, quotes, and more.
If you’re using Windows 10, you should already be familiarized with the Cortana virtual assistant. It’s a useful AI-powered tool you can use to set reminders, dictate emails to, find various information on the internet and so on.
Microsoft has added a series of new features to its virtual assistant in recent years. You can now use it on other operating systems as well, including Android.
Many people rely on text-to-speech programs since the PC does all the talking. Computer Talker is a free text-to-speech software for Windows, created by Point64.
Here are the key features of Computer Talker:
- It comes with a straightforward user interface that makes it easier to be used even for beginners.
- The software is able to read or convert the text into speech using its naturally sounding female voice.
- This piece of software is effortless to use, and all you have to do is copy and paste the text that you want to convert into speech, and after you are done, you have to press the Talk button.
- The program can easily recognize English words, and it is able to pronounce them correctly.
These are six of the best programs that can make your computer talk to you and it’s recommended that you check out the whole sets of their features before making your final decision.
If you have any other recommendations or questions, feel free to reach for the comments section below.