Windows 10 Creators Update is definitely a milestone in the history of personal computing. Microsoft packed this OS with a series of never-before-seen features and improvements, paving the way for a new era in the industry. But even after months of testing, the Creators Update is not perfect. Many users who upgraded their computers are reporting various technical issues, ranging from install problems to black screen issues. Some of these bugs affect a significant number of users while others rarely occur.
I have updated my Windows 10 to the latest version. After update I can’t see any text in explorer (no folder and file names), only icons are shown. The same problem is with old Control Panel. On the other hand, the new settings menu is working as well as menu start. I’ve tried restarting, changed english from polish to english and back to polish. I have also created new account, but there is the same problem. How to fix it? It is really annoying.
What to do if the text is missing in Windows 10 Creators Update
Solution 1 — Run an SFC scan
- Go to Start, type cmd, select Command Prompt, and then Run as Admin.
- Type the command sfc/ scannow, hit Enter, and then wait for the scanning process to complete.
Solution 2 — Uninstall the Comodo firewall
Many users affected by this issue confirm that uninstalling their firewall fixes this problem. It appears that there’s currently an incompatibility between Windows 10 Creators Update and Comodo.
Same problem here. Uninstalling comodo fixes the problem!
Solution 3 – Reset your PC to factory values
If uninstalling the Comodo Firewall client doesn’t help, you can always try repairing the installation with the bootable media drive or, even better, roll back to the previous Windows 10 iteration. You can also, find the middle ground, and reset your PC to factory values. If you’re not sure how to do it, follow these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Choose Update & Security.
- Select Recovery from the left pane.
- Click Go back to the previous version of Windows 10 or Reset this PC.
- Follow further instructions just don’t forget to back up your data beforehand.
Have you encountered any other text-related issues in the Creators Update? Tell us in the comments section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Players confirm that Windows 10 Creators Update boosts game FPS
- First Windows 10 Creators Update Bluetooth bugs start to appear