- Windows 11's Razer Synapse failed to install errors can arise because of firewalls, conflicting background processes or programs, and missing .NET Framework software.
- Uninstalling Razer device drivers might help you solve this problem.
- You might need to disable security features to fix Razer Synapse installation errors.
- Disabling superfluous startup software and background processes is another potential resolution for fixing Razer Synapse install errors.
Razer Synapseis a handy device configuration app. With it, users can configure their Razer peripherals in Windows 11. So, that app is a pretty important bit of kit for users with Razer devices to install after upgrading to the OS.
However, some of them have posted in support forums about issues that arise when they try to install Synapse. Consequently, those users can’t get Synapse up and running in Windows 11.
Some have been able to fix Razer Synapse installation issues within Windows 11. So, you might be able to solve this problem as well. To to do so, give the potential resolutions below a try and learn more about the potential causes involved.
How come Razer Synapse failed to install in Windows 11?
To solve Synapse installation errors, it’s worth considering what the potential causes for them are. These are some of the more common ones to take into consideration:
- Missing or outdated prerequisite software: Synapse installation issues can arise because Microsoft .NET Framework isn’t installed; some users might need to update their .NET Framework software
- Conflicting background processes: Conflicting background processes and programs, especially Razer ones, can generate installation issues for Synapse
- Firewalls: Firewalls may cause installation errors for lots of software
- Razer device drivers: Synapse installation issues can also arise because of installed Razer device drivers; some users have confirmed they’ve fixed the issue by uninstalling Razer device drivers before installing the Synapse software
What can I do if Razer Synapse failed to install in Windows 11?
1. Run Razer Synapse’s installer as administrator
First, try running Razer Synapse’s installer as administrator. To do that, click File Explorer’s taskbar button. Then open the folder that includes Synapse’s installer file.
Right-click Synapse’s setup wizard and simply select the Run as administrator option for it.
2. Close Razer background process
- First, click the magnifying glass button on Windows 11’s taskbar to open the platform’s search tool.
- Type Task Manager in the search utility’s text box.
- Click Task Manager to open that window.
- Select the Processes tab.
- Look for Razer processes listed under background processes.
- Right-click any Razer processes you find and select the End task button for them.
3. Install .NET Framework 4.8
- Open the NET Framework 4.8 download page in a browser.
- Next, click the Download .NET Framework 4.8 Runtime button.
- Choose a folder to download the software to, and click the Save button.
- Next, click the taskbar button for File Explorer.
- Open the folder you saved the .NET Framework setup file in.
- Then click the setup file for .NET Framework 4.8 to install.
For more details, check out this guide on how to install the .Net Framework.
4. Turn off Windows Defender Firewall
- First, press the Windows key along with S at the same time.
- Enter the keyword Windows Defender Firewall within the search box.
- Click Windows Defender Firewall within the search results.
- Then click Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off within the Control Panel.
- Select both Turn off Windows Defender Firewall radio buttons.
- Click OK to exit the firewall settings.
- Thereafter, try installing Synapse with the firewall disabled.
5. Disable third-party antivirus software
If there’s third-party antivirus software installed on your PC, temporarily disable it before installing Synapse. You can usually do that by right-clicking an antivirus utility’s system tray icon and selecting a disable (turn off) context menu of some kind.
6. Uninstall Razer device drivers before installing Synapse
- Unplug any superfluous external Razer devices plugged into to your desktop or laptop.
- Next, right-click the Start button on the taskbar and select the Device Manager shortcut.
- Double-click the category in Device Manager that includes your Razer peripheral to expand it.
- Then right-click your Razer peripheral and select the Uninstall device option for it.
- Next, select the Uninstall option to confirm.
- Repeat the previous three steps for all Razer peripherals you have.
- Thereafter, try installing the Razer Synapse software again.
- Then you can plug your Razer devices back into the PC to reinstall their drivers.
Alternatively, you can give a try to DriverFix that will scan your PC for any missing or outdated drivers, including Razer ones, and prompt you to update them.
7. Clean-boot Windows 11
- First, bring up the Run accessory by pressing the Windows key + R hotkey.
- Type this command within Run’s Open box and click OK:
- Click the radio button for Selective Startup.
- Deselect the Load startup items checkbox.
- Make sure you’ve got both the Load system services and Use original boot configuration options selected.
- Next, select the Services tab.
- Click the checkbox for Hide all Microsoft services to select that setting.
- Press the Disable all button to deselect all those remaining third-party services.
- To save the new boot configuration, click the Apply option.
- Click OK to close the System Configuration utility.
- Select the Restart option on the dialog box that opens after exiting the MSConfig utility.
- Try installing Razer Synapse after the restart.
Who can I contact about fixing Razer Synapse installation errors?
Your best bet is contact to the Razer Synapse support service. You can click Contact Support on Razer Synapse’s support page to do so. Then click Razer Software on the drop-down menu, and press the Submit button.
Razer’s community forum is also a support service. To add a post there, you’ll need to sign in to that forum with your Razer ID. When you add a post about your Razer Synapse installation issue on that forum, the staff there will provide further troubleshooting guidance.
It cannot be promised that the resolutions above will fix all Razer Synapse install errors for everybody. Software installation problems can arise for many different reasons, and they’re not always entirely straightforward to fix.
However, those potential resolutions are among the more likely fixes for Synapse installation failed errors, which some users have confirmed to work.
So, it’s worth giving all the above tips a try before contacting Razer’s support service. Even more, check out our guide on what to do if Razer Synapse won’t open after installation.
Have you fixed a Razer Synapse installation failed error in Windows 11 with an alternative resolution not specified here? If so, you’re more than welcome to share it in the comments section below.