Xbox One S Controller won’t connect to Android [QUICK FIXES]
The Xbox One S controller is compatible with Android. Gamers can play their favourite games on Android devices and control them using the Xbox One S controller. In this manner, players can control the game in a more accurate manner.
However, pairing the Xbox One S controller with an Android device may sometimes prove to be more difficult than expected.
More specifically, players report that their Android phones recognised the controller, but when they try to pair the devices, the connection icon simply whirls around for minutes on end, but the two devices never connect.
If your controller fails to connect to your Android device, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’re going to list a quick workaround that you can use to pair your Xbox One S controller to your Android phone.
How can I fix my Xbox One S controller if it doesn’t connect to my Android phone? The simplest solution is to restart your controller. In many cases, the problem is triggered by faulty connection between the 2 devices. If that doesn’t work, update the controller and then reset your phone’s network settings.
For more info about that, check the steps below.
What to do if Xbox One S controller fails to connect to Android phone
- Restart your controller
- Remove interference
- Update your controller
- Reset your phone’s network settings
- Try to pair up your controller and phone again
- General issues.
Solution 1 – Restart your controller
- Power off the controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button on the controller for a few seconds.
- Press the Xbox button again to power it back on.
- Try restarting your phone as well.
Solution 2 – Remove interference
Bring the controller closer to your phone and eliminate potential interference, such as other mobile phones or other Bluetooth devices.
Solution 3 – Update your controller
By updating your controller, you install the latest controller improvements. This way, you can be sure if it’s a software problem or a hardware one. To update your controller, follow these steps:
- Launch the Xbox Accessories app.
- Connect your Xbox One S controller to your PC by using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.
- You’ll see the message Update Required if an update is available. Simply install the update.
Solution 4 – Reset your phone’s network settings
You should find this option in the Settings menu > Backup and reset > select Network settings reset. Wait for the reset process to complete.
Solution 5 – Try to pair up your controller and phone again
Disconnect the 2 devices and then try to reconnect them. If this doesn’t go through the first time, try again. The two devices will eventually pair.
Solution 6 – General issues
Alternatively, there are a few other things that can cause this issue:
- The controller went out of range of the phone. Re-sync them together and things should be fine.
- One or more wireless/Bluetooth devices connected to your Android phone can mess up all the connections. Remove all of them and leave only the controller.
- Your controller is out of juice. Try to change the batteries or recharge it to see if that changes things.
- Make sure that you don’t have wireless/Bluetooth interference close to you. Other nearby devices can cause this problem.
Hope that one of our solutions helped you get back on track and now you can play your favourite titles with the Xbox controller on your Android device.
If you have any other workarounds or questions, feel free to leave them in the comments section below and we’ll be sure to take a look.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in March 2017 and has been since completely revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
There’s nothing more annoying than being unable to load your hard-earned in-game progress and getting the We couldn’t get your latest saved data error on […]
Sometimes while running server webpages you might get Data area passed to a system call is too small error. This error occurs when you’re connecting […]
Some users have reported having a double Google Chrome icons on their Windows 10 taskbar. This can become extremely frustrating in time, as the space […]