Xbox One S Controller won’t connect to Android [FIX]
The Xbox One S controller is compatible with Android. Gamers can play their favorite games on Android devices and control them using the Xbox One S controller. In this manner, players can control the game in a more accurate manner.
However, pairing the Xbox One S controller with an Android device may sometimes prove to be more difficult than expected. More specifically, players report that their Android phones recognize the controller, but when they try to pair the devices, the connection icon simply whirls around for minutes on end, but the two devices never connect.
If your controller fails to connect to your Android device, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’re going to list a quick workaround that you can use to pair your Xbox One S controller to your Android phone.
Xbox One S controller fails to connect to Android phone
1. Restart your controller
- Power off the controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button on the controller for a few seconds.
- Press the Xbox button again to power it back on.
- Try restarting your phone as well.
2. Remove interference
Bring the controller closer to your phone and eliminate potential interference, such as other mobile phones or other Bluetooth devices.
3. Update your controller
By updating your controller, you install the latest controller improvements. To update your controller, follow these steps:
- Launch the Xbox Accessories app.
- Connect your Xbox One S controller to your PC by using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.
- You’ll see the message Update Required if an update is available. Simply install the update.
4. Reset your phone’s network settings
You should find this option in the Settings menu >Backup and reset > select Network settings reset. Wait for the reset process to complete.
5. Try to pair up your controller and phone again
If this doesn’t go through the first time, try again. The two devices will eventually pair.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Cortana now syncs notifications between Windows 10/Android phones and PCs
- 6 best Android apps to control Windows 10 from your phone
- HP finds Windows Phone to be more secure than Android
Using a reliable password is paramount if you want to keep your data safe. There have been numerous data leak and data breach reports in […]
Reports are being circulated that Microsoft intends to drop the People bar feature in the Windows 10 19H1 update. The original report came from a […]
A new and very nasty phishing attack has been doing the rounds, and it is extremely difficult to spot. Here is what you need to […]