Full Fix: Xinput1_3.dll errors on Windows 10, 8.1, 7
Many Windows users encountered various Xinput1_3.dll error messages, especially when playing games. There are many causes that may potentially trigger these errors, but oftentimes, these error codes occur when users launch a software or a game.
How to fix Xinput1_3.dll errors on Windows 10?
Xinput1_3.dll error can be problematic and prevent you from running your favorite games. There are a couple of variations of this error, and here are some common problems that users reported:
- Xinput1_3.dll missing Windows 10, 8, 7 – Missing DLL files can be a big problem, and if you’re having issues with missing Xinput1_3.dll, be sure to check out Xinput1_3.dll is missing article for more detailed solutions.
- Xinput1_3.dll PES 2018 – This issue can affect games, and many PES 2018 gamers reported this issue. To fix the problem, it’s advised that you install the latest version of DirectX and check if that helps.
- Xinput1_3.dll error GTA V, Call of Duty – Many games can be affected by this issue, but in most cases, you can fix this issue by installing the DirectX from the game’s installation directory.
- Xinput1_3.dll was not found – This issue can appear if the DLL file wasn’t found, but you can fix the issue simply by copying it from another PC
Solution 1 – Restart your PC
In some cases, Xinput1_3.dll error can be caused by a temporary glitch in your system. To fix the problem, users are suggesting to restart your PC. This is a simple solution, but sometimes it might fix the problem with this DLL file, so you might want to try it.
- READ ALSO: Fix: Windows 10 low FPS until restart
Solution 2 – Reinstall DirectX
According to users, sometimes DirectX can cause this issue on your PC. To fix it, users are suggesting to install the latest version of DirectX. If you’re already using the latest version of DirectX, you can try reinstalling it.
For more information on how to install the latest version of DirectX, go to Microsoft’s support page. If you’re having this issue while trying to run a specific game, you might be able to install DirectX from the game’s installation directory or from the installation disc.
Simply look for DirectX directory and run the setup file from there. Once you install DirectX, the issue should be resolved.
In addition, some users are suggesting to install the DirectX Runtime package from June 2010, so you might want to try that as well.
Solution 3 – Reinstall the software that is giving you this problem
Xinput1_3.dll error can prevent you from running certain applications, and if you keep getting this error, you might want to try reinstalling the problematic application. Sometimes your installation can get corrupted, and in order to fix this issue, it’s advised that you reinstall the software.
There are several ways to do that, but the most effective one is to use uninstaller software such as Revo Uninstaller. By using uninstaller software you’ll completely remove all files and folders associated with the application. This is useful since it ensures that the application is completely removed by removing all files and registry entries associated with it.
Once you remove the problematic application, install it again and check if the problem is still there.
Solution 4 – Copy the file from another PC
In some cases, you can fix Xinput1_3.dll error simply by copying this file from another PC. Keep in mind that this is just a workaround, and in some cases, it might not even work. To fix the issue, simply copy the file to the installation directory of the application you’re trying to run and check if that helps.
We have to warn you that many websites offer you to download this file for free. While it’s tempting to do so, we have to warn you that some of these websites might be malicious, so we advise to stay away from them.
Just to be on the safe side, it’s better to copy Xinput1_3.dll from a friend’s PC. Once you copy this file, the issue should be resolved.
Solution 5 – Update your graphics card driver
According to users, in some cases Xinput1_3.dll error is caused by your graphics card driver. Your driver might be outdated, and that can cause this and many other errors to occur. However, you can fix the issue simply by updating your graphics card drivers.
To do that, visit your graphics card manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers for your model. Once your drivers are up to date, the issue should be resolved.
Searching for drivers manually can be a bit tedious, but if you want to automatically update your graphics card and all other drivers on your PC, we advise you to try TweakBit Driver Updater and update all your drivers with just a couple of clicks.
Solution 6 – Move Xinput1_3.dll from Windows directory
This solution requires you to move certain files from Windows directory. This is generally a bad practice since it can cause system stability issues. If you still decide to follow this solution, be sure to create a System Restore point and back up the file you’re about to move. After doing that, follow these steps:
- Go to C:WindowsSystem32 directory, locate Xinput1_3.dll and move it to Desktop, so you can restore the file if any issues occur.
- Go to C:WindowsSysWOW64 directory, locate Xinput1_3.dll file. Move this file to a different directory.
After doing that install DirectX from the game’s installation directory and check if that solves your problem.
- READ ALSO: Fix: Unable to install DirectX in Windows 10
Solution 7 – Update Windows
If you keep getting Xinput1_3.dll error, the issue might be related to missing updates. Sometimes certain updates might be missing from your system, and that can cause this and other errors to appear. To fix this problem, be sure that your Windows is up to date.
By default, Windows 10 will download the missing updates in the background, but you can always check for updates on your own. To do that, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app. You can do that quickly by using Windows Key + I shortcut.
- Once the Settings app opens, navigate to the Update & Security section.
- Click Check for updates button.
Windows will now check for new updates and download them in the background. Once the updates are installed check if the problem is still there.
Solution 8 – Perform an SFC and DISM scans
Xinput1_3.dll error can sometimes occur because your Windows installation is corrupted. However, you can fix that simply by performing a couple of scans. This is relatively simple to do, and you can do it by following these steps:
- Press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu. Select Command Prompt (Admin) or PowerShell (Admin).
- Once the Command Prompt opens, you need to enter sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- The SFC scan will now start. This scan can take about 15 minutes, so don’t interfere with it.
Once the scan is finished, check if the problem is still there. If the issue remains unresolved, you need to use DISM scan. To do that, follow these steps:
- Start Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Now run the DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command.
- DISM scan will now start. The scan can take about 20 minutes, so don’t interrupt it.
After the DISM scan is finished, check if the issue is still there. If you weren’t able to run SFC scan before, you might want to try running it now in order to fix the issue.
We hope that the solutions listed above helped you to fix the Xinput1_3.dll errors that you encountered. If you’ve come across other solutions to fix this error, you can list the troubleshooting steps in the comment section below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in August 2017 and has been since completely revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 build 16251 bugs: install fails, BSoD and Outlook errors
- Windows 10 build 16179 bugs: install errors, Bluetooth won’t work, and more
- Windows 10 Creators Update errors 0xc1900104 and 0x800F0922 [FIX]
“A picture is worth a thousand words” is a popular English idiom and the quote perfectly describes digital marketing or marketing strategies in general that […]
While the winter arrives with the joy of Christmas, it also brings the freezing weather along. Of course, there’s the fireplace to warm you up, […]
Recent comments on Reddit would suggest that Microsoft is still not playing the game when it comes to collecting data on its users. This is […]