Making a factory reset on your Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 based laptop, tablet or desktop is easy as you only have to follow the in-built troubleshoot sequence provided by Microsoft. But, in case you don’t know how to deal with the factory reset operation, just check the guidelines from below and learn how to do it by yourself.
Restoring your Windows 8, 8.1 device back to its initial state might be required in different situations. For example, maybe you want to sell your computer and you don’t want to provide access to your personal data, info and accounts to the future user. Or maybe you are experiencing various soft related issues with your Windows 8 system and you want to fix all the problems by restoring your device to its initial state.
In all these situations, a factory reset is being more than recommended, so if you are considering that you need to get rid of your data or if you want to restore your Windows 8 back to stock, then don’t hesitate and apply the steps from below.
Do note that all your data will be erased; thus before heading towards the steps from below make a backup in order to save everything that you might need afterwards – in that matter you can use cloud services or other apps from Windows Store.
How to Factory Reset Windows 8 and Windows 8.1
- Go to your Home Screen and from there launch the Charm bar by pressing Wind + C dedicated keyboard keys.
- Choose Settings and then select Change PC Settings.
- From the PC Settings window select the General tab.
- Next select “Remove everything and reinstall Windows”.
- The Reset your PC window will be then displayed; from there click on “next”.
- Select the drive which you want to factory reset. Also choose whether to destroy all data or just to remove your files.
- In the end tap on “Reset” if you want to factory reset your Windows 8 device or on “cancel” if you want to abort.
So, there you have it; that’s how you can anytime choose to factory reset your Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 device. Do tell us how things worked for you by using the comments field from below – if you are experiencing problems we will try to resolve the issues as soon as possible.