- If Adobe Photoshop is not installing on Windows 7, that can be due to various reasons, but there's a way to fix that.
- Remove all previous versions of Adobe Photoshop in order to prevent any conflict between different versions.
- Switching to Safe Mode can also help if you're having problems installing Photoshop.
- If Photoshop won't install on Windows 10, you'll be pleased to hear that most of these solutions can help with that as well.
Many users are still utilizing older Windows 7 compatible Adobe Photoshop applications. However, some users have said in support forum posts that they’ve had Photoshop installation errors in Windows 7.
Consequently, those users can’t install Adobe’s flagship image editor on that platform, so today we’re going to show you how to fix this problem.
How can I fix Adobe Photoshop install errors on Windows 7?
1. Uninstall old Photoshop software
Thoroughly uninstall any existing Photoshop installations you might have on your PC before installing new Photoshop software. The best way to do that is to remove old Photoshop software with IOBit Uninstaller. IOBit Uninstaller is a utility that removes software and erases leftover files.
Another good thing about IOBit Uninstaller is that it helps users keep their software up-to-date. IOBit Uninstaller’s handy Software Updater lists all software with outdated versions on your PC. Then you can click its Update All button to update software with their latest versions.
Other useful IOBit Uninstaller features
- IOBit Uninstaller’s Install Monitor logs enable users to view software installation changes
- Users can remove browser toolbars and plug-ins with IOBit Uninstaller’s Toolbars & Plug-ins features
- It includes alternative light and dark themes for users to choose
- The Force Uninstall feature in IOBit Uninstaller is handy for removing software users can’t uninstall with standard methods
IOBit UninstallerUninstall any software completely from you PC in a matter of moments with IOBit Uninstaller software.
2. Run Photoshop’s setup.exe file as an administrator
- Open the folder that includes the setup.exe (installation) file for your Photoshop software.
- Right-click that setup.exe and select the Run as administrator option on the context menu.
- Then try installing the software again.
This is a simple workaround, but it might help you if Adobe Photoshop is not installing on Windows 7.
3. Disable third-party antivirus software
- Right-click any third-party antivirus utility icon in your system tray.
- Then look for and select a disable option on the context menu that opens.
- Select to disable the antivirus software for about one hour before you try to install Adobe Photoshop.
This is another workaround that can help you if Photoshop not installing on your Windows 7 PC.
4. Try installing Photoshop in Safe Mode
- Launch the Run accessory, which has a Windows key + R hotkey.
- Type in this MSConfig command:
- Press the OK option to open MSConfig’s System Configuration window.
- Then select the Boot tab shown directly below.
- Select the Safe boot checkbox.
- Click the Apply button.
- Then select the OK option to close MSConfig.
- Click Restart on the System Configuration dialog box prompt that opens.
- Try installing Adobe Photoshop when Windows 7 has restarted in Safe Mode.
5. Check available hard drive space
- Press the Windows and E keys at the same time to launch Windows Explorer.
- Click Computer on the left of Windows Explorer.
- Right-click your C drive and select Properties to open the disk space pie chart. That will show you if you have enough free hard drive space for Adobe Photoshop.
- Then click OK to exit the window.
- If your hard drive has very little free space for new software, try making some more space on it by uninstalling software you don’t need.
Not having enough storage space could be one of the main reasons why Adobe Photoshop is not installing on Windows 7, so be sure to check if you have enough storage space available.
6. Disable Windows Aero
- Click the Start button.
- Then select Control Panel on Windows 7’s Start menu.
- Click Appearance and Personalization in the Control Panel.
- Next, click Personalization to open the themes selection shown directly below.
- Select a non-Aero theme, such as Windows 7 Basic.
Sometimes the Aero theme can interfere with Photoshop installation on Windows 7, so try disabling it and check if that helps.
7. Run the Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter
The Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter might fix some issues that prevent Adobe Photoshop from installing. To get it, click the Download troubleshooter button on Microsoft’s webpage (linked below).
Then click the downloaded MicrosoftProgram diagcab file to go through the troubleshooter.
So, there are various potential resolutions for fixing Adobe Photoshop installation issues on Windows 7.
You can also get in touch with Adobe support if you need more potential fixes by clicking the Contact us button on Adobe Photoshop’s support page.