- Advanced IP Scanner runtime errors usually happen when the app or the system has been corrupted.
- Most of the messages mean that the software was not able to locate its executable file on startup or that the file itself is damaged.
- This problem can also occur due to app crashes, registry errors, and even malware infections.
The Advanced IP Scanner software is a helpful tool to detect computers on the same network and manage them.
You will be able to gain a full view of those machines and perform specific actions, including transferring files, sending a message, or shutting down a computer via the Radmin remote access software.
Advanced IP Scanner works to ping each IP address to see if a machine is alive before the tool identifies the hostname, ports, MAC address, workgroups, and other information.
Some of our readers encounter a runtime error when using the networking scanner. There are many causes for this trouble.
Why do Advanced IP Scanner runtime errors occur?
The Advanced IP Scanner runtime error usually happens when the Windows operating system has been corrupted.
Note that the same error can also occur when the program crashes due to multiple software applications running.
The hidden presence of malware and spyware often causes this problem too so it’s recommended to run a full PC scan with one of the best antiviruses.
Other causes of this error include registry errors, repetitive program installations, improper installation, and hardware or RAM decline.
How can I fix the Advanced IP Scanner runtime error?
1. Reinstall the Advanced IP Scanner app
- Click the Start button and select Settings.
- Select the Apps option.
- Click on Apps & features from the left pane, then scroll down, identify the Advanced IP Scanner app, click on it, then choose Uninstall.
- After the uninstalling process is complete, reinstall the app and see if the error still occurs.
Uninstalling and reinstalling the Advanced IP Scanner app is the easiest thing you can do. If you can’t find the installer file, you can download it from the official website.
2. Restore Windows to a previous point in time
- Click the Search tab from Windows, type system restore, then click on Create a restore point from the results.
- Now select the System Protection tab and hit the System Restore button.
- You can go with the recommended restore point but look at the date and time it was created so it’s before the runtime error started to happen. If that doesn’t correspond, click the Choose a different restore point and click on Next.
- Select the restore point you want to return to and hit Next.
- To confirm the procedure, click on the Finish button.
- Keep in mind that your PC will return exactly to the state it was at the corresponding time and date so any programs you installed from that date on will be lost.
3. Install the latest sytem updates
- Click the Windows Start button, then select Settings.
- Select Update & Security.
- Hit the Check for updates button and if they are new ones, make sure to install them and restart your PC if prompted to do so.
4. Perform a SFC scan
- Click the Search tab in Windows, type cmd, and click on Run as administrator to start the command-line tool with full privileges.
- When Command Prompt opens, type the following command:
- The System File Checker tool will scan your system for errors and will attempt to fix them. Make sure you don’t iterrupt the process.
Expert Tip: Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken. We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
A corrupted Windows operating system means some files have gone missing. To fix the Advanced IP Scanner runtime error, you might need to fix the system corrupted files using System File Checker.
How to fix Advanced IP Scanner runtime errors in Windows 11?
Although Windows 11 has plenty of new features, its menus are mostly the same as on Windows 10.
So, luckily, all the solutions provided in this guide will help you fix the Advanced IP Scanner runtime errors in Windows 11.
There are only minor graphical differences. For instance, to search for Command Prompt, you will have to click on the magnifying glass icon from the taskbar.
Why do I need to fix the Advanced IP Scanner runtime error?
There are several consequences if the Advanced IP Scanner runtime error remains unattended. For one, continued runtime error with this tool can slow down your Windows startup time.
Other undesirable results from this error are slow system performance and frequent program crashes.
Unchecked runtime errors can also prevent Windows from running certain applications and you from installing certain software tools.
Worst, your computer might run into worse critical errors like the Blue Screen of Death more often.
If you can’t make it work properly, just uninstall the app and take a look at the best portable network scanner tools to use.
For any suggestions or questions, you may use the comments section below and leave us a few lines about that.