Fix: ‘Advanced IP Scanner runtime error’
The Advanced IP Scanner software is a helpful tool to detect computers on the same network. Users will be able to gain a full view of those machines and perform specific actions, including transferring files, sending a message or shutting down a computer via the Radmin remote access software.
Advanced IP Scanner works to ping each IP address to see if a machine is alive before the tool identifies the hostname, ports, MAC address, workgroups, and other information. Famatech, the developer of Advanced IP Scanner, announced in October of last year that its free network scanner achieved compatibility with Windows 10, in addition to Windows 7 and Windows 8. That means Advanced IP Scanner exhibits stable performance on Microsoft’s latest operating system.
However, some users still encounter a runtime error when using the networking scanner. There are many causes for this trouble. Advanced IP Scanner runtime error usually happens when the Windows operating system has been corrupted. The same error can also occur when the program crashes due to multiple software applications running. The hidden presence of malware and spyware can also cause the runtime error. Other causes of this error include registry errors, repetitive program installations, improper installation, and hardware or RAM decline.
Before proceeding with this guide, you must take into account that the issue could be solved by downloading this tool (100% safe and tested by us). We recommend it to fix various PC problems, such as hardware failure, but also file loss and malware.
Solution 1 – Replace the missing Advanced IP Scanner file
A corrupted Windows operating system means some files have gone missing. To fix the Advanced IP Scanner runtime error, you might need to reinstall or replace the missing .exe file and reboot your computer. Keep in mind that you must also register the file to Windows Registry to save the configurations, settings, and third party program information of the network scanner. Make sure that you are also familiar with Windows Registry and know how to properly alter the relevant Registry entries in order to avoid damaging your computer.
Solution 2 – Backup and restore Windows
You can prevent the runtime error on Advanced IP Scanner to begin with. The Windows Back and Restore Center is a helpful place to resort to for that purpose. You can create a backup of your system files using this resource so that it becomes easy to restore your computer to a previous condition when it was operating normally. In order to backup Windows, follow these steps:
- Open the Control Panel and choose System and Security, then click “Save backup copies of your files with File History” to facilitate the backup process. You will need an external drive to perform the task. The usable drive will serve as the storage device for the backup file.
- Alternatively, you can add a network location within your computer to save the backup files. There are two options under this category: Windows may choose to create a system image and a backup of data in the library or you can select where to save the backup files locally.
- Next, you need to select the files for backup storage and confirm your selection to initiate the backup. Then you will see two backup files in your selected drive once the process is completed.
- You can later use these backup files to restore your computer to its healthy condition once the Advanced IP Scanner occurs. Just go back to the Backup and Restore Center and hit “Restore your files with File History.”
- Finally, you can now look for the missing or corrupted file in the backup such as the .exe file for Advanced IP Scanner.
Why it matters to fix the Advanced IP Scanner runtime error
There are several consequences if the Advanced IP Scanner runtime error remains unattended. For one, continued runtime error with this tool can slow down your Windows startup time. Other undesirable results from this error are slow system performance and frequent program crashes. Unchecked runtime error can also prevent Windows from running certain applications and you from installing certain software tools. Worst, your computer might run into blue screen of death more often.
Live streaming is the hottest trend and a powerful streaming software makes the entire process a lot easier. A streaming software primarily helps you with […]
From the tail end of the 20th century, up to about a decade ago, CDs and DVDs constitute the major options for media storage. Today, […]