One of the most popular Android emulators on the market is Bluestacks, but many users reported Device not compatible message when trying to run certain applications. This can be a problem and prevent you from running certain games, so in today’s article, we’re going to show you how to fix this problem.
There are various problems that can appear in Bluestacks, and a common problem is Device not compatible message. This isn’t the only issue that users are dealing with, and here are some similar problems that users reported:
- Your device isn’t compatible with this version Bluestacks PUBG – This message can appear while trying to run PUBG, and it’s usually caused by your settings. To fix the problem, increase the number of cores and amount of RAM in Bluestacks settings.
- Your device is not supported PUBG Mobile Bluestacks, at the moment PUBG Bluestacks – In order to run certain games, you’ll need to have a 64-bit version of Bluestacks installed. A 64-bit version offers better performance by better utilizing your hardware, so be sure to switch to the 64-bit version as soon as you can.
- Bluestacks device not compatible Pokemon Go – If certain applications aren’t supported, you can maybe avoid this issue simply by downloading the application from a third-party source.
- Bluestacks Fortnite device not supported – Sometimes you might not have the latest version of Bluestacks installed, and that can cause the issue to appear. To fix this problem, be sure to reinstall Bluestacks and upgrade to the latest version.
How to fix Device not compatible message in Bluestacks?
- Change engine settings
- Install 64-bit version Bluestacks
- Try downloading the APK file from a third-party source
- Delete the data and cache for Google Play Store
- Make sure that you have the latest version of Bluestacks installed
- Try a different emulator
- Reinstall Bluestacks
Solution 1 – Change engine settings
Sometimes you might get Device not compatible message in Bluestacks due to your settings, and this can prevent you from running certain applications and games. However, you can fix this problem simply by making a couple of adjustments. To do that, follow these steps:
- Open Bluestacks.
- Navigate to Settings > Engine.
- Change the number of cores to 4 and change the memory to at least 3GB.
- Check Use advanced graphics mode
Save changes and check if that solves your problem.
Solution 2 – Install 64-bit version Bluestacks
Many users reported Device not compatible message while trying to run Fortnite in Bluestacks. It turns out that in order to run Fortnite, you need to have a 64-bit version of Bluestacks installed.
In case you don’t know, most software comes in 32-bit and 64-bit version, and if you have a 64-bit processor, which you most likely do, it’s advised to use a 64-bit version of Bluestacks. The 64-bit version will make better use of your hardware and CPU and bring you improved performance, so there’s no reason not to use it.
After you switch to the 64-bit version of Bluestacks, try running Fortnite again and check if the problem is still there.
Solution 3 – Try downloading the APK file from a third-party source
If you’re getting Device not compatible message in Bluestacks, the problem might be related to the application you’re trying to run. Some applications won’t be able to run or download on Bluestacks at all.
However, you can always circumvent this problem simply by downloading the APK file from a different source. There are many third-party websites that host APK files, so download the application from one of these websites and run the APK file that you’ve downloaded in Bluestacks, install the application and the problem should be resolved.
Solution 4 – Delete the data and cache for Google Play Store
According to users, one way to fix this problem is to delete data and cache for Google Play Store. Sometimes your cache can become corrupted and that can interfere with application download. To fix this problem, you just need to clear the cache by doing the following:
- Navigate to the System app in Bluestacks.
- Go to the Apps and select All.
- Select Google Play Store and click Clear data
- After doing that, repeat the previous step for Google Play Services.
Once you clear cache and data for both applications, check if the problem is still there. Alternatively, you can download HD GuestCommandRunner from Bluestacks and use it to clean the cache.
Solution 5 – Make sure that you have the latest version of Bluestacks installed
If you’re getting Device not compatible error in Bluestacks, it’s possible that the issue is caused by an outdated version of Bluestacks. The older version might have certain bugs or they might not support the latest features, and that can lead to this and many other errors.
To fix this issue, it’s advised that you update Bluestacks to the latest version. After updating your application to the latest version, try running the app that is giving you this error and check if that solves the problem.
Solution 6 – Reinstall Bluestacks
Sometimes Device not compatible message can appear if your Bluestacks installation is corrupted. This can happen for various reasons, and one of the best ways to fix the problem is to reinstall Bluestacks completely.
There are several methods that you can use to reinstall the application, but the most effective one is to use uninstaller software such as Revo Uninstaller. If you’re not familiar with uninstaller software, it’s a special application that can remove any application from your PC.
- Get Revo Uninstaller Pro version
Unlike regular uninstall, uninstaller software will also remove all files and registry entries associated with the application you want to remove. By doing so, the application will be completely removed, and you’ll ensure that there aren’t any leftover files that can interfere with your system.
Once you remove Bluestacks completely, install the latest version and check if the problem is still there.
Solution 7 – Try a different emulator
If you keep getting Device not compatible message in Bluestacks, perhaps you can fix the problem by switching to a different Android emulator. Bluestacks is one of the most popular emulators, but it’s not the only one, and we already covered some of the best Android emulators for Windows in the past.
However, if we had to pick a solid Bluestacks alternative, we would recommend trying out Nox Player.
Bluestacks is a great application overall, but Device not compatible message can be a problem for some users. This issue is usually caused by your settings, but we hope that you managed to solve this problem by using one of our solutions.
- Here’s how to fix Bluestacks Blue Screen of Death errors
- How to speed up BlueStacks for faster Android gaming on PC
- Full Fix: Bluestacks stuck on initializing on Windows 10, 8.1, 7