- Canon Exiles Unique ID not valid error prevents users from joining any server and playing the game.
- The error is due to a bug from the developer’s end and might be tricky to fix sometimes.
- Uninstalling and reinstalling the game is a viable fix, so apply the steps below right away.
Canon Exiles is a Survival Action Adventure, cross-platform game. It has many features like character customization that give it a realistic feel. However, users report the Canon Exiles unique ID not valid error affecting the game.
Also, users complain about the Conan Exiles game not launching when they try to play it.
The Unique ID not valid error in Conan Exiles prevents players from joining any servers available in the game. The error occurs due to bugs from the developer’s end, and it is affecting many players globally.
However, a couple of factors can cause issues with the Conan Exile game joining any servers. Some are:
- Network connection issues – It is common for errors like this to pop up when the network connection is unstable. Also, network congestion can prevent users from joining any available server, prompting the error to appear.
- Issues with Conan Exile’s servers – There are times when the game servers are down, preventing players from accessing their games. It can be because of a maintenance session or a fault with the server. So, you can run into the Canon Exiles Unique ID not valid error if its servers are not working.
- Windows Defender Firewall interference – The Windows Firewall can impede the activities of the Conan Exile game on your PC, resulting in errors. It can block the path of the game connecting to its servers and cause difficulties for players.
These causes may vary on different PCs and games. Nevertheless, we’ll take you through some fixes to get your game running.
Before proceeding with any advanced troubleshooting, apply the following:
- Turn off background apps running on your PC.
- Disconnect and reconnect to your network connection.
- Restart Windows on Safe Mode and check if the game can connect to its servers.
If you can’t fix the issue, proceed with the following solutions.
1. End task for Conan Exile (Conan.exe)
- Right-click the Start button and select Task Manager from the menu.
- Navigate to the Processes tab. Click the Conan Exile (Conan.exe) from the list, right-click on it, then select End Task from the drop-down.
- Restart your PC and check if the error persists.
Ending the Conan Exile (Conan.exe) process on your PC will kill its background activities, causing the Canon Exiles Unique ID not valid error. You can check for shortcuts to open Task Manager on your PC.
2. Add Conan Exile as an exception in Firewall settings
- Left-click the Start button, type firewall, and open Windows Defender Firewall.
- Navigate to the Allow an app or feature through the Windows Defender Firewall option.
- Select Conan Exile from the list of apps. Check the boxes for both Private and Public. Click OK to save the changes and restart your PC.
Allowing the Conan Exiles game as an exception in Windows Firewall prevents the firewall from interfering with its processes.
3. Verify the integrity of Conan Exiles’ files
- Left-click the Start button and type Steam, then double-click to open it.
- Select the Library tab and search for Conan Exile.
- Right-click the game and select Properties from the drop-down.
- Click the Local Files tab and select the Verify Integrity of Game Files button.
Checking the game’s integrity will verify and resolve the game’s corrupt or missing files. Check more detail on verifying the integrity of game files not working on Windows 11.
4. Reinstall the Conan Exile game
- Left-click the Start button, type Control Panel, then press OK to open it.
- Click on Programs and Features.
- Find Conan Exile from the program list, right-click on it, then select Uninstall from the drop-down.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to complete the uninstallation process and restart your PC.
- Download and install Conan Exile from Steam, then try playing the game.
It will delete corrupt installation files and other issues that can cause difficulties connecting to servers.
Alternatively, our readers can check how to fix common Conan Exiles issues they can encounter. Likewise, you can read through our article about other survival games on Steam that you can play on your PC.
If you have any queries or suggestions about this issue, kindly drop them in the comments section.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.