Connection errors can sometimes appear and speaking of this error, the most common one is error 1005 access denied. This error can be problematic, but in this article we’ll show you how to fix it.
Error 1005 access denied is relatively common, and speaking of this error, here are some similar issues that users reported:
- Cloudflare error 1005, error 1006 – These are some common problems that you can encounter, but you might be able to fix them simply by disabling your antivirus.
- Crunchyroll error 1005, banned IP – This problem can occur if your IP is banned, but in most cases you can fix it simply by using a good VPN.
- The owner of this website has banned your IP address Cloudflare – This issue can occur due to your proxy, and in order to fix it, just disable it and check if that helps.
- Error 1005 VPN – This error can occur due to your VPN client, so you might want to disable it or try switching to a different VPN.
Error 1005 access denied, how to fix it?
- Check your antivirus
- Try using a VPN
- Try using a different browser
- Disable the proxy
- Make sure that the date and time are correct
- Perform a Clean boot
- Perform a System Restore
- Contact the website administrator or your ISP
Solution 1 – Check your antivirus
In most cases, error 1005 access denied can appear due to your antivirus. Sometimes your antivirus can interfere with your system, and in order to fix this problem, it’s advised to disable certain antivirus features and check if that helps.
If the problem is still there, perhaps you can solve the issue simply by turning off your antivirus completely. In the worst case scenario, you might have to remove your antivirus entirely and check if that solves the problem.
Even if you choose to remove your antivirus, your system will be protected by Windows Defender, so there’s no need to worry about your safety. If removing the antivirus solves the problem, you might want to consider switching to a different antivirus.
There are many great antivirus tools on the market, but if you want a reliable antivirus that won’t interfere with your system, you should consider using Bitdefender. The 2019 version includes extra security features and many compatibility improvements which makes it more powerful than the previous versions.
Solution 2 – Try using a VPN
Sometimes you might not be able to access certain websites due to error 1005 access denied message. Your IP address or country might be blocked from accessing certain websites, or your ISP might be preventing you from visiting those websites.
If you’re having this problem, you might be able to fix it simply by using a VPN. There are many great VPN tools, but if you want a simple and reliable VPN, we strongly suggest that you try out CyberGhost VPN. Once you enable the VPN, check if the problem is resolved.
Solution 3 – Try using a different browser
Sometimes error 1005 access denied message can appear due to your browser. The issue might be your settings, corrupt installation or something else, and in order to fix the problem, it’s advised to switch to a different browser.
If the issue doesn’t appear on another browser, it means that your default browser is the problem. You can use a new browser as a workaround or you can start troubleshooting the default browser and try to fix the core problem.
Solution 4 – Disable the proxy
Proxy is a useful method of protecting your privacy, and many users tend to use it. However, your proxy settings can sometimes cause error 1005 access denied message to appear, and in order to fix it, you need to disable all proxy settings on your PC. This is quite simple to do, and you can do it by following these steps:
- Open the Settings app. You can do that quickly by pressing Windows Key + I.
- When the Settings app opens, navigate to the Network & Internet section.
- Select Proxy from the left pane and disable all options in the right pane.
After doing that, the proxy should be disabled completely on your PC. Now check if the problem is still there.
Solution 5 – Make sure that the date and time are correct
Sometimes you might get error 1005 access denied message simply because your date and time aren’t correct. If you notice that your date or time isn’t correct, you can fix this problem by doing the following:
- Right-click the clock icon on your Taskbar. Select Adjust date/time from the context menu.
- When a new window opens, locate Set time automatically option and turn it off. Wait for a few moments and enable it back again.
By doing so, you’ll force the time and date to automatically update. Alternatively, you can click the Change button to manually adjust your date and time. Once your date and time are correct, the problem should be resolved and everything will start working again.
Solution 6 – Perform a Clean boot
If you keep getting error 1005 access denied while trying to visit certain websites, the issue might be third-party applications on your PC. Some applications will start automatically with your PC and cause the problem as soon as you boot to Windows.
To find the cause of the problem, it’s advised that you perform a Clean boot and disable all startup applications and services. To do that, just follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog. Enter msconfig and click OK or press Enter.
- System Configuration window will appear. Head over to the Services tab and check Hide all Microsoft services check box. Click the Disable all button to disable all services.
- Head over to the Startup tab and click Open Task Manager.
- Task Manager will now appear and you’ll see a list of startup applications. Right-click the first entry on the list and select Disable from the menu. Repeat this step for all startup applications.
- After disabling all startup applications, go back to the System Configuration window. Click Apply and OK and restart your PC.
After doing that, check if the problem is still there. If the issue doesn’t appear, the problem is most likely one of the disabled applications or services. To pinpoint the issue, it’s advised that you enable disabled services and applications one by one until you find the cause of the problem.
Once you find the problematic application, it’s best to remove it from your PC. In order to remove an application completely from your PC, it’s advised to use uninstaller software such as IOBit Uninstaller.
Sometimes when you try to remove an application, certain files and registry entries can be left behind, and that can cause the problem, so it’s advised to use uninstaller software to completely remove the selected application, along with all of its files.
Solution 7 – Perform a System Restore
If the problem is still there, and you keep getting error 1005 access denied message, perhaps you can fix the problem by performing a System Restore. In case you’re not familiar with it, System Restore is a built-in feature that can easily restore your system to an earlier state and fix many problems along the way.
To perform a System Restore, you just need to do the following:
- Press Windows Key + S and type system restore. Now choose Create a restore point from the list of results.
- System Properties window should now appear. Click the System Restore button.
- When System Restore window opens, click Next to proceed.
- Check Show more restore points option, if available. Select the desired restore point and click Next.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the restoration process.
Once your system is restored, check if the problem is still there.
Solution 8 – Contact the website administrator or your ISP
If the error 1005 access denied message is still there, perhaps you can fix it by contacting the website administrator. It’s possible that your IP was banned by mistake or automatically by the server, and contacting the administrator might fix that.
In addition, you might also want to contact your ISP and check if the problem is related to them.
Error 1005 access denied can prevent you from accessing certain websites, and in most cases, you can fix the problem by disabling your proxy and using a good VPN.