- If your web browser displays the error 1005, it means that the page you're trying to visit has blocked your IP address.
- Fix this issue by disabling any free VPN or proxy your might be using and consider switching to a premium solution.
- You should also check your antivirus and firewall configuration to eliminate the error 1005 access denied.
- For specific cases such as error 1005 Crunchyroll or error 1005 Cloudflare, clear browser cookies and change your DNS servers.
If you stumble upon the error 1005 Access Denied in a web browser, it means that the website you’re trying to visit has banned your IP address.
This can happen due to many reasons, like too many requests sent from your IP address, which can be interpreted as spam.
Here are some scenarios you might be familiar with:
- Error 1005 Cloudflare, error 1006 – try adding an exception to your firewall or disabling your antivirus
- Error 1005 Crunchyroll, banned IP – your IP address was banned, but you can fix this by changing your IP with a VPN or proxy
- The owner of this website has banned your IP address Cloudflare – the Crunchyroll solutions apply here, too
- Error 1005 VPN – might be caused by your current VPN service, so try disabling your VPN or switching to another VPN app
And here are some of the causes for the Access Denied error with code 1005:
- The website owner has restricted access to users from specific IP addresses or range of IP addresses due to security reasons like spam
- The webpage is not available to all countries due to licensing or government issues (geoblocking)
- You have incorrect settings on your computer, such as date and time
- Cloudflare has blocked your IP address due to security reasons
- VPN traffic is blocked by the website
You can also use Akamai’s Client IP Reputation Lookup tool to check the score of your true IP address or the IP of your VPN server.
How do I fix the Access Denied error with code 1005?
Disable your free VPN service
If you’re using a free VPN app to protect your online privacy and access blocked content, you might get blocked by websites like Crunchyroll.
It happens because free VPN services use free IP addresses that get immediately detected and blocked.
Keep in mind that all users are connected to the same VPN server as you can visit the same websites you do. Too many requests from the same IP likely result in banning that IP.
For instance, we used the Opera web browser, turned on its built-in VPN service, connected to the America virtual location, and tried visiting Crunchyroll. As you can notice from the screenshot above, we were met with the Access Denied error 1005 instead.
Disable your free VPN service and try to access the website again. If you’re still keen on using a VPN for security and privacy (which we highly recommend), proceed to the next step.
Use a reliable VPN service
Drop your free VPN app in favor of a reliable virtual private network service like Private Internet Access. It encrypts your data traffic, keeps you safe on the web, and helps you unblock websites like Crunchyroll.
PIA has a next-generation network of more than 22,500 VPN and proxy servers in 98 locations and 77 countries.
Even if some of its IP addresses get exposed and blocked by other websites, you can always switch servers and get a new IP that’s not blacklisted.
Furthermore, Private Internet Access runs private DNS servers to protect your DNS queries. It also supports a malware blocker for web browsers, a kill switch, port forwarding, and split tunneling.
Private Internet Access
Use this reliable VPN service to protect your online privacy and bypass Access Denied error with code 1005.
Check your proxy settings
- Check the proxy server settings of your PC and make sure that your Windows isn’t running through a proxy server.
- To do that, go to Settings > Network & Internet > Proxy.
- On Windows 7 and older editions, you have to look in Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections tab > LAN settings > Proxy server.
- If you must use a proxy no matter what, then verify the network configuration settings to ensure they’re correct. It could be the reason why you get the Access Denied error with code 1005 on certain websites.
- Similarly, you should check the proxy settings on your web browser if you’re running Firefox.
- Go to Options > Network Settings > Settings > Configure Proxy Access to the Internet.
- Or, if you’re using a proxy browser addon, check that, too.
There’s nothing stopping you from using a VPN and proxy at the same time. It’s a good way to amplify your online privacy, and you can still access blocked websites.
Clear your browsing cookies
- Go to Settings.
- Click Clear browsing data.
- Select Cookies and other site data only.
- Set the Time range to All time.
- Click Clear data.
The instructions above also apply to Opera, Brave, and other Chromium-based web browsers.
- Head over to Options.
- Select Privacy & Security.
- Locate Cookies and Site Data.
- Click Clear Data.
- Select Cookies and Site Data only.
- Click Clear.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Cookies and site permissions.
- Click Cookies and site data.
- Select See all cookies and site data.
- Click Remove all and Clear to confirm.
Websites store information about your device in cookies, including your IP address. Even if you try to change your IP address, you might still receive the Access Denied error with code 1005 due to those cookies.
A temporary fix is to try accessing the website in incognito/private / in-private browsing mode. But you must clear the cookies for normal browsing sessions and then restart the web browser.
It’s also worth looking into options for auto-clearing cookies (Firefox has one). If your web browser doesn’t have an integrated setting for this, you should look into browser extensions – there are numerous add-ons for this purpose.
You might also be interested in cookie cleaners for Windows.
Add an exception to the firewall
- Press the Win key, type firewall, and select Firewall & network protection.
- Click Allow an app through firewall.
- Click Change settings (you need admin rights).
- Locate your web browser on this list and enable the Private and Public options.
- If it’s not on this list, click Allow another app to find it.
Your firewall settings could be the reason why you keep getting the Access Denied error with code 1005 in your web browser.
It’s unlikely because if the firewall blocks traffic for your web browser, then you shouldn’t be able to visit any website.
The instructions above apply to the Windows Defender Firewall. If you have a third-party firewall installed, make sure to adapt the steps accordingly.
Check your antivirus
Take this solution into account only if you’re using an anti-malware solution that’s not Windows Defender.
Look under the hood of your antivirus tool and check if it’s blocking your web browser. If that’s the case, then you need to add your browser to a whitelist.
Set your system time settings to auto
As curious as it seems, the date and time settings of your Windows 10 PC could interfere with web browser traffic, resulting in various errors.
But you can fix this problem by setting the date and time to auto mode. It means allowing Microsoft to automatically retrieve the correct data from the web, according to your time zone.
Change your DNS servers
If your DNS resolver is failing at its job, it could result in a slow page loading time and insecure Internet settings, leaving you open for DDoS attacks.
Some websites might not even work. But you can fix this problem by changing the DNS servers of your PC. We suggest opting for the free, public, and super-secure DNS servers provided by Google Public DNS.
Contact the website admin
If everything else fails, it’s time to fire up your email client and get in touch with the webmaster or site administrator.
It could simply be an error on their end that you can easily resolve by requesting visitor privileges on their website.
To recap, you can fix error 1005 Access Denied by disabling or uninstalling your free VPN, checking or deactivating your proxy settings, as well as by clearing browser cookies.
You can also check your firewall and antivirus to ensure that your web browser has Internet access, set your system date and time settings to auto mode, and change your DNS servers.
However, we recommend investing in a reliable VPN service because it’s the best way to bypass geoblocking and stay safe online.
And, if everything fails, don’t hesitate to contact the webmaster and ask why you can’t access their website.
Did these solutions help? What else can you recommend for fixing the Access Denied error with code 1005? Leave us a comment in the section below.