- The media capture failed event error can have various causes, and one of them is having the wrong camera settings.
- Corrupted driver files are also to blame, and in this case, the advanced tool from our guide will do the trick.
- Another great solution to this problem is to run the Troubleshooter from a certain Windows app.
- Editing the registry is also an efficient method to fix the 0xa00f4271 media capture failed event alert message.
The error code 0xa00f4271 issue first arose after the Windows 10 Anniversary Update in 2016.
Then users posted on Microsoft forums about a Something Went Wrong… Error Code 0xA00F4271(0x80070491) error that popped up when they tried to utilize their webcams.
Built-in webcams don’t work when that error message pops up. Here are a few resolutions that can fix the media capture failed event 0xa00f4271 error code.
How can I fix the media capture failed event error?
1. Open the Microsoft Store App Troubleshooter
- Click Type here to search to open Cortana.
- Enter troubleshoot in the search box, and click Troubleshoot settings.
- Next, select the Microsoft Store App troubleshooter within the Settings window that opens.
- Then click the Run this troubleshooter button.
- Thereafter, users can go through the resolutions provided by the troubleshooter.
- Restart Windows after applying a suggested resolution.
The Microsoft Store App troubleshooter might provide a resolution when the error code 0xa00f4271 pertains more specifically to UWP apps that utilize the webcam.
In order to repair Windows 10 errors, you can also use a professional tool like Restoro that can repair damaged files and restore your device to its optimum capacity.
Restoro can remove malware threats, as well as any remaining damaged from previous virus infections. You can rely on this tool to keep safe from dangerous websites and prevent your PC from crashes and freezes.
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for the application to find any system stability issues and possible malware infections.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
2. Check the Camera settings
- Open Cortana and enter camera in its search box.
- Select Camera privacy settings in search results to open the window shown directly below.
- If that window states Camera access to this device is off, users will need to click Change and toggle the Camera access for this device option on.
- Then turn the Allow apps to access your camera option on.
- Check that the webcam apps you’re trying to utilize the camera with are also enabled under the Choose which apps can access your camera subheading.
- Restart Windows after adjusting camera settings.
Make sure that the Let apps use my camera hardware option is toggled on. Apps can’t utilize the webcam with that setting is off. Check the camera’s settings in order to fix the system error, as mentioned above.
3. Edit the registry
- First, open Run with the Windows key + R hotkey. Then users can open the Registry Editor by entering regedit in Run and clicking OK.
- Open this registry path in the Registry Editor:
- Double-click Windows Media Foundation on the left of the Registry Editor.
- Right-click a space on the right of the Registry Editor’s window and select New, then click DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Enter EnableFrameServerMode as the title for the new DWORD.
- Then double-click EnableFrameServerMode to open the window in the shot directly below.
- Input 0 in the Data value text box, and click the OK button.
- Restart Windows after editing the registry.
Some users have said that they’ve fixed the 0xa00f4271 media capture failed event error by editing the registry. So, this procedure can be among the best fixes and you can apply it as mentioned above.
4. Update the webcam’s driver
The 0xa00f4271 camera error can arise due to an antiquated webcam driver. In this situation, you can use professional software that will provide you with an accurate report of what drivers need to be updated.
This way you can also find out if your webcam drivers need some new patches or not. By using a dedicated tool you won’t miss any critical updates ever again and you’ll manage to avoid Windows 10 errors.
5. Update Windows 10
- Open the Cortana search box with the Windows key + Q keyboard shortcut.
- Enter update to search for the update settings.
- Then click Check for updates to open the Settings window as shown directly below.
- Press the Check for updates button.
- Windows will then automatically install available updates. Restart Windows if it installs new updates.
Some users have confirmed that patch updates fixed error code 0xa00f4271. Other users have fixed the issue by updating Windows 10 to the latest build version.
Users can update to the latest build version by downloading and launching the Update Assistant and selecting Update now. Follow the guidelines above to check for new patch updates.
We are certain that one of the solutions we presented in this article will help fix the 0xa00f4271 media capture failed event error code so you can record with your webcam again.
We’d like to hear more from you on this subject, so please drop us a comment in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
An excellent solution can be restoring your PC to a healthier state and you can do this with a professional tool like Restoro. Check out other efficient alternatives in this guide that focuses on how to fix error code 0xa00f4271 on Windows 10.
Repairing your boot sector is one method that can definitely help you solve this issue. Take a look at other options in this article that explores the solutions for fixing error code 0xc0000225 in Windows 10.
One solution to solving the 0xc000000d problem is to create a recovery drive in order to revert your PC to its original settings. See what other methods you can apply in this article that focuses on how to fix your PC/Device needs to be repaired message error.