- Updating your Windows OS can fix a whole world of problems, so try to do it as frequently as possible.
- Keeping your drivers updated also helps with this issue, so knowing how to perform driver updates in a variety of ways can be handy.
- For more articles that cover common Login issues, check out our dedicated section on the matter.
- There are plenty of Windows 10 errors that we have covered in our articles, so do not hesitate to browse our website, since you might find something useful.
If you’re getting the ERROR_INVALID_HANDLE error code with The handle is invalid description, follow the troubleshooting steps listed in this article to fix it.
This error affects Windows 10 users when they try to log in to their computers. The error message prevents users from connecting to their accounts and actually using their PCs.
So I just installed the upgrade and it was working just fine for a while .
But now it went bat sh** crazy and BSOD […] I tried restarting the PC and it gives The Handle is invalid. […]
Another issue is when I press shutdown after the Handle invalid it stay on and wont shut down.
On Windows 10, this error also blocks the print process, leaving users unable to add a printer or use the one already installed.
The handle is invalid error also affect older versions of Windows, preventing users from installing any updates or software on their computers.
In this article, we’re going to show you how to fix the The handle is invalid error on Windows 10, as well as on older Windows versions.
How do I fix The handle is invalid error on Windows 10
1. Press the restart button
If you can’t access your user account due to this error, try restarting your computer several times. Many users confirmed that this simple action solves the problem.
If you don’t want to perform a hard reset, you can hold down the shift key and click the on-screen power button, select the restart option while holding the Shift key, and then select Continue to Windows 10.
This will force Windows to repair damaged or corrupted update files.
2. Boot into Safe Mode and uninstall security updates
1. Hold down the shift key and click the on-screen power button
2. Select the restart option while holding the shift key
3. Select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > hit Restart
4. Wait until Windows 10 reboots, and select Safe Mode.
5. Go to Update & Security > Windows Update > Advanced options > View your update history > Uninstall the latest updates > Restart your computer.
Many users report that cumulative updates KB3135173 and KB3124262 are actually the culprits, and uninstalling these two updates fixed the problem.
3. Update Citrix VDA
This solution works only for users running Citric VDA. Some Windows updates are incompatible with Citrix VDA 7.6.300, causing The handle is invalid error. To fix this, download cumulative update VDA 7.6.1000.
If you’re using VDA v7.7, download the newer versions of the tool, VDA 7.8 or higher, which contain the fix. For more information and a step by step guide, go to Citrix’s support page.
Editor’s Note: This article continues on the next page. Don’t forget to bookmark our Troubleshooting Hub page just in case you might need it later.