KB3140743 Issues Appear: Failed Downloads and Installs, BSODs, Slow System & More
Microsoft released KB3140743 update yesterday for Windows 10 devices, and as we showed, this is actually an important release, as it brings some structural changes to some basic Windows functions.
But, since no update, be it for Insiders or regular users, doesn’t come free of bugs and issues, we’ve discovered the first problems being reported. If you have encountered more, don’t hesitate and use the comments’ section at the end to leave your input.
KB3140743 problems on Windows 10
- The biggest problem with KB3140743 seems to be related with failed downloads and installation failures. User ‘RORodneyColeman_812’ says on the Microsoft support forums that both update KB 3140743 and KB 3139907 failed to install. A couple of other users from other places, such as Windows10Forums and other forums also say cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3135173) failed to install.
- Another user has been plagued by failed installs, but this time, he says he has received error code 80070003. Luckily, we’ve done in the past a short guide on how you can fix that, so go ahead and have a look at it, as it might prove to be helpful.
- Other various problems include the disappearance of “My Documents”, issues with Microsoft Money Sunset Business, and a bunch of various BSODs.
- There have also been reports of problems with Edge and Firefox. User ‘DonaldHertzfeldt’ complains that his Windows 10 computer is now slow after installing KB3140743 update, saying the following “I’ve had Windows 10 for about 6 months now and it’s been working fine with regular updates. Just a short while ago it received and installed update KB3140743 and now it runs super SUPER slow. Virtually everything that used to come up instantly with a key stroke now takes 3 to 5 seconds.”
Update – it didn’t take too long for some more issues to appear, so we’re listing down some of the most important ones we could find:
- One user is complaining on the Steam forums that the new Windows update KB3140743 breaks his GTA5, saying “the game activate hangs and then i get stuck on a loading“
- Many more other Windows 10 users have been reporting that the update failed to install, giving various error codes, such as 0x80070020, 0x80070bc9 or 0x80073712.
- One user says that after installing this update, his start menu won’t show up, but once he uninstalls it, everything goes back to normal.
- Other complaints regarding this specific build involve issues with the keyboard which stops working in some games, Snipping tool and My Computer freeze, problems with the mouse and Xbox one controller, no touch screen, reboot and shutdown problems and more.
For the moment, these are some of the most annoying issues we were able to find with regards to KB3140743 update. If you have come across other similar issues, go ahead and leave your comment below and let us know which these are.
A lot of people still love to use Windows Media Player as their go-to player, but many users reported Windows Media Player cannot play the […]
Windows users often experience high CPU usage. This issue causes PC performance to slow down, consuming huge chunks of memory. It is critical to take […]
So you’re on your machine and plug-in your TV, the devices seem to recognize each other and appear to be connected, but suddenly you get […]