Fix: Games for Windows Live Problems on Windows 10
Games for Windows Live is a popular gaming service for Windows, but it has been reported that Games for Windows Live has some problems with Windows 10.
Users report that games that use Games for Windows Live won’t work on Windows 10, and the list of games includes many popular games that were released few years ago. These games still have great number of fans, so you can see why not being able to run these games on Windows 10 can be such a problem for them. If you’re having issues with Games for Windows Live on Windows 10, you should have a look at our solutions.
Fix Games For Windows Live Issues On Windows 10
Solution 1 – Reinstall Games for Windows Live
First thing we’re going to try is reinstalling the program. To reinstall Games for Windows Live, do the following:
- Uninstall Microsoft Games for Windows Live Redistributable and Microsoft Games for Windows Marketplace from your computer.
- After you’ve uninstalled these applications restart your computer.
- Download Games for Windows Live installer.
- After you’ve downloaded the installer, right click it and choose Properties.
- Go to Compatibility tab and check Run this program in compatibility mode for and choose Windows 7 or Windows 8 from the list.
- While you’re in Compatibility tab make sure that you check Run as administrator.
- Save the changes by clicking Apply and OK and install Games for Windows Live.
- Everything should work now and your profile should be redownloaded and ready to use.
Solution 2 – Install Live Sign-in Assistant
If the previous solution doesn’t work try downloading the latest Live Sign-in Assistant from here. After downloading and installing Live Sign-in assistant enter your login details and try launching your games.
Solution 3 – Copy xlive, xlive.dll, xlive.dll.cat, xlivefnt.dll, xliveinstall.dll, xliveinstallhost.exe files
- Go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64. If you’re using 32-bit Windows this location might be different.
- Find the xlive, xlive.dll, xlive.dll.cat, xlivefnt.dll, xliveinstall.dll, xliveinstallhost.exe files and copy them to C:\Windows\System32.
- Try running the game again.
- If this didn’t work, try copying those files in the installation directory of your game where game’s .exe file is located.
That’s about it, we hope this article helped you to solve the problem with Games for Windows Live in Windows 10. If you have any comments, or questions, just write them down in the comments.
E-Prime is a premium psychology software tool. It’s used for creating and conducting experiments in this scientific branch. There are rare errors occurring during the […]
If you’re looking for a nice Christmas gift for CoD fans, you’ve come to the right place. In this quick buying guide, we’re going to […]