- If Games for Windows Live is not working on your Windows 10 device, uninstalling the program and reinstalling it is always a good idea.
- More on this and a few other solutions can be found in the article below.
- Having trouble with a particular game? Find out how to fix it from our Troubleshooting Gaming page.
- Also, bookmark our Windows 10 Hub where you can find how-to guides and recommendations on just about everything Windows-10-related.
Games for Windows Live is a popular gaming service for Windows, but it has been reported that it has some problems on Windows 10.
Namely, users report that games that use Games for Windows Live won’t work on Windows 10, and the list of games includes many popular games that were released a few years ago.
These games still have great number of fans, so you can see why not being able to run them on Windows 10 can be such a problem for avid gamers.
So if you’re having issues with Games for Windows Live on Windows 10, you should have a look at our solutions.
How do I fix Games For Windows Live issues on Windows 10?
- Uninstall Microsoft Games for Windows Live Redistributable and Microsoft Games for Windows Marketplace from your computer. In order to do this, we recommend a dedicated software.
- After you’ve uninstalled these applications restart your computer.
- Download Games for Windows Live installer.
- After you’ve downloaded the installer, right-click it, and choose Properties.
- Go to Compatibility tab and check Run this program in compatibility mode for… and choose Windows 7 or Windows 8 from the list.
- While you’re in the Compatibility tab make sure that you check Run as administrator.
- Save the changes by clicking Apply and OK and install Games for Windows Live.
- Everything should work now and your profile should be redownloaded and ready to use.
As mentioned, to uninstall the program in the first place, we suggest using a tool – Revo Uninstaller. This is just to make sure that the process runs completely, without leaving traces in your system, which might cause trouble later on.
Revo will go beyond the classic uninstall process, also scanning for leftovers after the standard uninstall. It also features a Forced Uninstall option to remove remnants of already uninstalled programs, if necessary.
After installation, Revo is extremely intuitive to use: you can see all installed applications on your PC in one single pane. From there, you can easily search for the desired program using the search bar at the top and choose to remove it.
Revo UninstallerGet rid of any traces of uninstalled programs with Revo Uninstaller and make sure they will not interfere with other applications.
If the previous solution doesn’t work try downloading the latest Live Sign-in Assistant from the official Microsoft page. After downloading and installing Live Sign-in assistant enter your login details and try launching your games.
- Go to the following location (if you’re using 32-bit Windows this location might be different):
- Find the xlive, xlive.dll, xlive.dll.cat, xlivefnt.dll, xliveinstall.dll, xliveinstallhost.exe files and copy them to
- Try running the game again
- If this didn’t work, try copying those files in the installation directory of your game where the game’s .exe file is located.
That’s about it, we hope this article helped you to solve the problem with Games for Windows Live in Windows 10. If you have any comments or questions, just write them down in the comments.