Composing an email using Gmail web app or desktop client is easy. However, what happens if you receive a message saying “Gmail address not found”? Several users have reported a similar error in the Google community and Reddit forums.
Upon sending an Email Gmail says address not found
This happens every email, to every adrress (they are all right, no typos etc) Also my storage isnt full either (4% occupied) Any ideas?
How do I fix the Gmail address not found error?
1. Check the recipient email address
- One common “reason for the address not found” error in Gmail is an incorrect recipient email address.
- Check the recipient’s email address for any missing character or number.
- If the issue persists, ask the recipient to send the email address again.
- Copy and paste the address in Gmail and send the email again.
2. Check if the email is deleted
- Another reason why the emails may bounce is non-existent email accounts.
- Make sure the email address you are sending email to is active and not deleted.
- To make sure it is an active email address do the following.
- In your Chrome browser, press Ctrl + Shift + N. This will open a new Incognito window.
- Go to the Gmail sign-in page.
- Enter the email of the recipient (not your email, the recipient’s email) and click on click Next.
- If the message says “this account has recently been deleted and maybe recovered”, it means the recipient’s email address is probably not active anymore.
3. Check the email service
- If you are trying to send the email to a custom email address, it is possible that the domain or the server is down for Maintainance.
- Contact the recipient to check the email service.
- If the service is down, use the Schedule feature in Gmail to send the email at a specified time and date.
Schedule email in Gmail
- To schedule an email in Gmail, do the following.
- Log into your Gmail account.
- Click on Compose and write your email.
- Instead of clicking on Send, click the small drop-down menu beside the Send button.
- Select “Schedule Send”.
- Click on Select date and time option.
- Specify the time and date and click on Schedule.
- On the left pane, click on the Scheduled option to view the scheduled email. You have to click on More to see the option.
The error Gmail address not found occurs if the recipient’s email address is deleted. Follow the steps in this article to verify the account status and fix the error.