- If your Windows 10 touch keyboard is too big, you can adjust some registry settings to resize it.
- If you're wondering how to make the on-screen keyboard smaller, the answer lies in the same registry values.
- For some adjusting the Windows 10 touch keyboard size might seem complicated.
- There are alternative on-screen keyboards to use and we've got just the right recommendation.
The on-screen keyboard is a feature conveniently built into the Windows 10 platform. If the virtual keyboard is too small or too big and you cannot properly use it, read the troubleshooting steps below and learn how to resize it.
The solution listed in this tutorial will work regardless of what Windows-based device you are currently using.
What can I do if on-screen keyboard is too big/ too small?
1. Modify the registry
- Press Win+R hotkeys. The Run box will be displayed on your device.
- In the Run field type regedit and press Enter.
- From Registry Editor access the following path:
- Right-click on the Explorer folder and select New – > Key.
- Rename this key into Scaling.
- Now, under Explorer you should see the recently created Scaling entry.
- Right-click on the Scaling folder and choose New – > String Value.
- Name this Value MonitorSize.
- Next, double-click on MonitorSize and enter the string value ‘25’ (this is the default value for a half-screen-width keyboard).
- Close Registry Editor and restart your Windows 10 system.
- Enter a different string value for resizing the virtual keyboard if that’s needed.
2. Change the keyboard
If the solution above seems too complicated, you can always try an alternative on-screen keyboard.
We recommend Comfort On-Screen Keyboard Pro, given the versatility of this tool in terms of features and usefulness.
The Comfort keyboard is compatible with any device running on Windows XP or later. Users can easily customize it in terms of key layout, skin, gestures or icons.
If you’re happy with the product and go to the premium version, you also get support for programmatic control of the on-screen keyboard.
Comfort On-Screen Keyboard ProDon’t have time to adjust settings on the Windows on-screen keyboard? Try this highly customizable keyboard and you won’t regret it!
This solution should help you adjust the on-screen keyboard size when you think that it’s too big or too small.
Speaking of virtual keyboards, if your on-screen keyboard won’t work at all, check out this troubleshooting guide to fix the problem.
If you have questions or if you cannot successfully complete the steps from above, don’t hesitate and share/describe your experience with our team. We will try to find the perfect fit for your problem based on the info that you provide us with.