- Run a Preliminary Check
- Update IE
- Install latest .NET framework
- Disable VPN
- Run Windows Update
- Disable two step verification
Skype is one of the most popular apps used for online communication with millions of users worldwide. Skype requires Microsoft account so as to be able to use its instant messenger-Skype.
This error is caused by several issues such as erroneous Skype installation, outdated web browser, and outdated/corrupt system components e.g. .Net framework.
Solution 1: Run a Preliminary Check
- Launch your Internet Explorer web browser
- Go to the Java tester website
- Check for the results
- Go to Start > Internet Explorer
- Click on the gear icon to open the menu “Tools”
- Now, open the “Security” tab
- Click on the default security level for all zones, and click ‘Apply’
- In the same tab, click ‘Other’
- Locate “Scripting” and make sure that it is set to “Enabled” for the “Active scripting” option (if not, put the check mark)
- Now, click on ‘OK to close the ‘Security Settings’
- Click ‘OK’ again to close the ‘Internet Options’
- Close Internet Explorer
- AAfterward launch Skype application
Solution 3: Install latest .NET framework
However, at times the latest .NET framework version might not solve this problem’ therefore, you may have to try out several .NET framework versions. Also, for this purpose, you can check out our guide on ‘How to download and install .NET Framework on Windows 10, 8?.
Solution 4: Reinstall Skype
For this purpose, we have a dedicated post that reveals 5 ways you can uninstall Skype from your Windows PC.
Solution 5: Disable VPN
The best workaround in such cases is to temporarily disable your active VPN before your Skype session. This solution is very simple; just disable or turn off your VPN, and then launch Skype application.
Solution 6: Run Windows Update
- Go to Start>type “update” in the search box and then click on “Windows Update” to proceed.
- In the Windows Update window, check for updates and install the available updates.
- After the update process is complete, restart your Windows PC.
Solution 7 – Disable two step verification
Some users also suggested that disabling two-step verification could fix this problem. So, if you enabled this option, turn it off and check if the issue persists.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- 10 best Skype call recording apps and software to use
- 4 best VPN software for Skype to download for free in 2018
- How to keep using old Skype versions on Windows 10, 8, 7
The modern wireless printers allow users to print using their phone and computer wirelessly. Sometimes, that dynamic duo might not work as printer and phone […]
Because trading stocks is a hard area of business as it is, getting some help when it comes to coordination of stocks and help with […]
Visualization is crucial in Power BI. Therefore, this feature should run smoothly. But this is not always the case. Many users reported various visual errors […]