A lot of devs relied on Slack screen sharing functionality for remote pairing, yet they are now unable to use this feature. Is there any way to solve these screen sharing issues?
It’s time for a quick update on that matter. At one point, the screen sharing feature became available for the paid version of the Slack desktop apps for Mac and Windows.
Business teams, freelancers, and clients used to work together as if they were in the same room, yet now it isn’t any longer possible.
Slack decided to remove the ability to share control of your screen during a call. This was a complex feature requiring significant overhead to maintain, so they’ve come up with some alternative options for the current lack of a Slack screen sharing functionality.
What can I do if Slack is unable to share screen?
1. Screen sharing on paid plans via BlueJeans
Screen sharing on all paid plans is clearly possible. The only requirement is that both participants are on the same version of the BlueJeans app or using the browser.
- Install the BlueJeans app for Slack.
- Start and join BlueJeans calls from Slack.
- Feel free to launch BlueJeans to use remote screen control and Slack screen sharing.
2. Zoom app for Slack
So, customers on any paid Zoom plan should follow these steps:
- Install the Zoom app for Slack.
- Start or join a call from Slack.
- Once you’re on a call, you can open Zoom.
- Easily share control of your screen if you’d like.
3. Join Slack calls via GoToMeeting
- Download the GoToMeeting desktop app.
- Install it.
- Start or join a call from Slack at your convenience.
- Enjoy screen sharing as you normally would.
Final thoughts on Slack screen sharing issues
What are your thoughts on this whole Slack situation? Slack is very popular, but not having native screen sharing is rough. Are you willing to try any of the above alternatives to solve that?
In case of any other reliable alternatives you know of, don’t hesitate to reach for the comments area below.
- What to do if Slack couldn’t send your messages
- How to fix channel not found Slack errors and access private channels
- What to do if Slack couldn’t find your microphone