Smite is becoming a quite popular MOBA game, and if you’re a fan of this game you should know that Smite has some issues with Windows 10. However, there’s no need to worry, because there is a way to fix Smite issues on Windows 10.
Users have reported missing dll files and Error 0xc00007b while trying to run Smite on Windows 10, so let’s see how to fix those issues.
How To Fix Smite Msvcp100.dll Missing And Error 0xc00007b On Windows 10
Solution 1 – Make sure that Hi-Rez Studios Authenticate and Update Service is running
Users complain that they cannot install Smite on Windows 10, and if you’re having this issue, as well, you might want to try enabling Hi-Rez Studios Authenticate and Update Service. To do so, follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key + R, type Services.msc and press Enter.
- List of services will appear. Locate Hi-Rez Studios Authenticate and Update Service.
- Right click this service and choose Start.
- Try installing Smite again.
Solution 2 – Reinstall Smite and Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package
- Uninstall Smite from your computer.
- Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package from here.
- Run this file. If you get a message saying that you have updated version installed on your computer make sure that you uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable from your computer and try to run downloaded file again. We have to mention that if you have 64-bit version of Windows that you need to install both 32-bit and 64-bit version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010.
- After Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package installs, install Smite again.
Some users also suggest that you install all versions, both x86 and x64, of Visual C++ Redistributable from 2010 to 2013. You can find all the files that you need here.
Solution 3 – Install Smite through Steam
If you keep getting error 0xc00007b while trying to run Smite, maybe you can try downloading the game from Steam. Users have confirmed that downloading the game from Steam has fixed this issue for them, so this solution might be worth trying.
Solution 4 – Move msvcp110.dll and msvcr100.dll to SysWow64 folder
One more solution to the error 0xc00007b is to move msvcp110.dll to SysWow64 folder. To fix this you need to download 32-bit version of that dll file and move it to the SysWow64 Windows 10 directory.
If you’ve upgraded from Windows 7 or Windows 8 recently, you can find these files in C:Windows.oldWINDOWSSysWOW64.
If you’re still having issues with your .dll files, we recommend you to download this tool (100% safe and tested by us) to fix various PC problems, such as missing or corrupted .dlls, but also file loss and malware.
Solution 5 – Remove the updates for Microsoft Visual C++ x64 and x86
This solution applies if you’re getting MSVCR100.dll or MSVCP.dll errors (here’s an article which explains how to fix these specific errors in Windows 10), and to fix it you need to remove certain updates. This is quite simple and you can do it by following these steps:
- Go to Action Center > All settings > Update & Security.
- Next Choose Windows Update > Advanced options > View Update History.
- Choose Uninstall Updates and remove updates for Microsoft Visual C++ x64 and x86.
We hope that these solutions were helpful to you and that you’ve managed to fix any issues that you had with Smite on Windows 10.