How to fix TeamViewer issues on Windows 10, 8.1, 7
Did you experience any issues with your Teamviewer program after you upgraded your operating system to Windows 8.1 or 10? There are some glitches in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 that you will need to fix in order to make your Tteamviewer work again. But don’t worry because after reading and following the instructions listed below, your TeamViewer will work again.
The most common issues in Teamviewer on Windows 8.1, Windows 10 are related to black screen errors. For example, when you log in to another Windows operating system PC and all you see is a black screen but you can move the mouse normally or perhaps you just cannot connect to any requested Windows PC or laptop. For a general understanding of the issue and some ways on how to fix them, read the troubleshooting guide available below.
Unfortunately, this is not the only issue affecting the software. Other Teamviewer problems include:
- Teamviewer has stopped working all of a sudden
- Teamviewer won’t connect to another computer
- Teamviewer won’t start with Windows
- There are also various Teamviewer errors such as: No connection to partner, Sessions limit reached, and so on.
SOLVED: Teamviewer issues on Windows computers
1. Install the latest Teamviewer version
Best way for checking your Teamviewer is making sure you have a version compatible with your Windows 8.1, 10 system. If you do not, then after your upgrade to Windows 8.1, 10, TeamViewer will stop working.
You can uninstall the current Teamviewer version and try to install the latest version. But before you do, make sure that the version you install is completely compatible with your Windows 8.1, 10 operating system either for 32 bit system or for a 64 bit system.
2. Turn off Windows Firewall
- Move the mouse pointer to the upper right corner of the screen.
- Left click on the “Search” button you have in the menu bar.
- Write in the search box the word “Firewall”.
- A “Windows Firewall” icon should pop up, you will need to left click on it.
- In the “Windows Firewall” window left click on the feature “Turn Windows Firewall on or off”.
- Left click on “Turn off Windows firewall”
- Reboot your Windows 8.1, 10 system.
- Check if your teamviewer is still having problems connecting.
- If this didn’t resolve the issue turn the Windows 8.1, 10 firewall back by following the steps above and selecting “Turn on Windows firewall”.
3. Enable Find device and content (applies only to Windows 8.1)
- Move the mouse cursor to the right side of the screen.
- In the menu that shows left click or tap on “Settings”.
- Left click or tap on “Change PC Settings”.
- Left click or tap on the “Network” feature.
- In the menu you will get next left click on “Connections”.
- From the connections list, select the network connection you have.
- Left click or tap to turn on the “Find device and content” feature.
- Close the window you have opened
- Reboot the Windows 8.1, 10 device and try your Teamviewer now.
4. Fix TeamViewer on Windows 10
If the issue persists and it’s affecting your Windows 10 system, we’ve got a series of additional solutions that you can try. Check out this troubleshooting guide for more information. Don’t forget to also run a full system antivirus scan as malware may also prevent your from opening certain apps and programs. Keep in mind that your antivirus may sometimes block Teamviewer.
So, follow the suggestions listed above to fix your Teamviewer issues on Windows 8.1, 10 or Windows 7. Also, if you have any questions related to this article, use the comment section below to let us know.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- TeamViewer launches Blizz, a new meeting and collaboration tool
- Fix: “The remote connection was denied” in Windows 10
- Control your Windows PC remotely using these iOS apps
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in October 2014 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.
Chromium-based Edge browser will offer high quality content by automatically switching the user agent. In this manner, Chromium-based technology ensures the browser is compatibility with […]
Microsoft released a new series of Patch Tuesday updates at the beginning of April. However, the updates didn’t go well with some of the leading […]