Windows Defender Firewall
Windows Defender Firewall, commonly known as Windows Firewall is a software component of Microsoft Windows that provides firewalling and packet filtering functions.
It was first included in Windows XP and Windows Server 2003. Prior to the release of Windows XP Service Pack 2 in 2004, it was known as Internet Connection Firewall as part of the “Windows Defender” branding campaign. With the release of Windows 10 version 1709, in September 2017, it was renamed Windows Defender Firewall as part of the “Windows Defender” branding campaign.
What are the main issues related to Windows Firewall?
There have been reported several problems related to the Windows Defender Firewall, whether it’s blocking an app or encounter some settings errors. We have provided full guides on how to fix the following main problems:
- [FIX] Unable to activate Windows Defender Firewall
- [FIX] Firewall Settings Error 0x80070422
- [FIX] Windows Firewall can’t change some of your settings
- [FIX] VPN got blocked by Windows firewall
- [FIX] Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this app
- [FIX] Firewall error 0x8007042c on Windows 10
Diagnose and fix problems automatically
Windows Defender Firewall Troubleshooter runs on Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10. It’s a free tool offered by Microsoft to address the following issues:
- Windows Defender Firewall isn’t the default firewall
- Windows Defender Firewall doesn’t start
- Windows couldn’t start Firewall (Service-specific error 5 (0x5))
- Remote Assistance isn’t working because it’s blocked by Firewall
- Sharing is blocked by Firewall and access denied on shared files and printers
- BFE service is missing
- Firewall won’t start (Error Code 80070424)
In order to use it, you need to Download the troubleshooter, click Open or Run in the dialog box, then follow the steps in the Windows Firewall Troubleshooter. You can also save the troubleshooter on USB or CD if you need to run it on a different computer.
Browsers are widely used to access information available on the World Wide Web. Besides that, browsers are stores of information; they remember everything you do […]
Windows 10 with supported laptops and PCs offers Windows Hello feature that allows the system users to log in to their user account through facial […]
It happens that after installing a new SSD and changing the boot drive, while booting the computer you may encounter some issues. One such issue […]