Antivirus blocking TeamViewer [FIX]
The easiest and fastest way in which you can remotely control another computer is by using TeamViewer. The software is quite handy for both personal and business purpose and can help you smartly manage different situations without wasting your time.
But, since it establishes the on-distance connection through the Internet, TeamViewer might be blocked by certain antivirus programs – in that respect, the security solutions might see the app as a possible security breach so it will block its access and functionality just as a precaution measure.
Well, if that happens and if you cannot use TeamViewer because of your antivirus software, don’t worry; you can re-enable the program easily by setting up an exception rule within Firewall. Below we will see how to perform this process for the most popular antivirus programs that are currently used on the Windows 10 platform.
How to fix ‘antivirus is blocking TeamViewer’ problem
- Open Bitdefender on your computer – click on the Bitdefender icon located on your system tray.
- Switch to Protection tab (click on the shield icon).
- Next, click on the View Modules link.
- From the upper-right corner of the main window, click on the Settings icon.
- Now, switch to Exclusions tab.
- Select the ‘list of files and folders excluded from scanning’ entry.
- You can now choose the Add button.
- Browse and access the folder where TeamViewer is located – make sure you select both on-demand and on-access scanning features.
- Click Add and save your changes.
- Afterwards, select List of processes excluded from scanning and pick up the .exe TeamViewer executable file and Allow its access.
- Save your changes and reboot your Windows 10 system in the end.
- Now you should be able to use TeamViewer without experiencing further issues.
- Launch Kaspersky on your computer – click on its icon from system tray.
- From the main user interface access general Settings.
- Then, go and choose Additional.
- Pick up Threats and exclusions – this field should be located in the right frame of the main window.
- Click on the Configure exclusion rules link.
- And from here you can choose what type of file to add on the Firewall exclusion list.
- So, add TeamViewer and save your changes.
- Reboot your device when done and then test the TeamViewer functionality.
- Open Avast and then pick up Settings.
- Switch to General tab from the left panel of the main window.
- There you can access the Exclusions feature from where you can add a specific program and create a Firewall rule.
- So, use the ‘file paths’ tab and add the path to TeamViewer.
- Now, the program will be excluded from future Avast scanning processes.
- Open Avira on your computer.
- Go to Menu and then pick up Configuration.
- The next step to make is to select the Internet Protection feature.
- The Application rules link should be displayed in the next window; access it.
- The Firewall settings can be accessed now.
- So, for adding TeamViewer into the exclusion list click on the Change parameters option.
- Within allowed programs list you can find the TeamViewer entry; just make sure you enable access for this program.
- Save your changes and enjoy.
In AVG you can easily customize the Firewall rule thanks to a more intuitive user interface:
- So, launch AVG and from the main user interface click on the Firewall section (the last one from the right).
- Click on the Settings icon and pick up Advanced settings from the displayed sub-menu.
- The AVG Internet Security window will be now displayed.
- From there switch to Applications tab – the second field located in the left panel.
- If TeamViewer is not listed there, click on the Add button.
- Browse and add the TeamViewer path and select the executable file for your program.
- When done, click on Create.
- Close the Firewall settings and check if TeamViewer can be used now.
- From the Norton main window click on Advanced.
- The Firewall field should be located in the left pane – click on it.
- Now, click on the settings icon corresponding to Application Blocking.
- From Application Blocking Settings, click on Add application button.
- If TeamViewer isn’t displayed, click on Other and extend your search.
- Pick up the TeamViewer app from the Choose Application dialog window.
- Click Choose when done.
- In the end select Done and reboot.
7. Windows Defender
- Open Windows Defender – launch the Search field (click on the Cortana icon) and enter Windows Defender.
- From the antivirus main window click on Virus & Threat protection.
- Next, navigate towards Virus & Threat protection settings.
- Click on Add or remove exclusions.
- Add TeamViewer to the exclusion list so that the program can be re-enabled.
- Save your changes and reboot.
- That’s all.
So, that’s how you can add a new Firewall rule for re-enabling TeamViewer access on your Windows 10 system. Hopefully, now you should be able to remotely access other devices via TeamViewer while still using your favorite antivirus solutions.
If you have questions related with the tutorial that was explained above, don’t hesitate and share your thoughts with us – you can do it by filling out the comments form from below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: “The remote connection was not made” Windows 10 error
- Control your Windows PC remotely using these iOS apps
- How to set up a Windows 10 Kodi Remote Control
Microsoft just released cumulative update KB4491101 for those who are running Windows 10 V1507 (RTM version). The update is just restricted to the users of Windows 10 […]
It is certainly annoying to face issues in your system when you have to finish off the most important task that has been assigned by […]