- Twitch is a popular streaming platform that gathers millions of gamers who share their gameplay experience with the fans of the games they're playing.
- If you want to watch your Twitch recordings later, you can enable the option that allows you to save the broadcasts on the platform.
- But if Twitch fails to save your broadcasts, read this guide to learn what you can do to fix this issue and safely save your next broadcasts.
- Bookmark our Twitch troubleshooting hub and our browser troubleshooting section just in case you need to fix other issues later on.
There are many reasons why Twitch is one of the most popular streaming platforms out there. It is easy to use and generally, people don’t encounter issues with this tool.
However, quite a few users encountered a major problem when trying to save their broadcasts. After the live streaming ended, users didn’t find their recordings.
Many people choose not to save their broadcasts on their computers because they have the option to save the files directly on Twitch.
Unfortunately, for some people who like to watch their recordings later, this feature was nowhere to be found. In other words, people didn’t find their recordings or Twitch didn’t save them.
This could be a major issue for some, especially for gamers who stream their gaming sessions and update them on channels such as YouTube.
Luckily, you can fix the problem in no time and today we will show you how to save broadcast on Twitch.
What to do if previous broadcasts aren’t showing up in Twitch
1. Try using a different browser
If you’re having these problems with Twitch, perhaps switching to a different browser might help. You can use any browser for this purpose, but we’d have to recommend UR Browser. For more information, do check out our UR Browser review.
This browser is quite similar to Chrome, in fact, they are built on the same engine, meaning that all Chrome extensions will work in UR Browser as well.
As for additional features, this browser has built-in phishing protection that will alert you if you encounter a malicious website. There’s a also built-in malware protection so all your downloaded files will be scanned.
Lastly, the browser has tracking protection, and it won’t send any of your data to Google, so if you’re looking for a new and reliable browser, UR browser might be the right choice.
2. Change the setting to Automatically
Quite a few users reported that changing the saving setting to Automatically will fix this issue. For some, this feature is not selected by default or was disabled after an update.
So, enable this option to automatically save broadcasts on Twitch.
3. Clear cache
Too many temporary internet files can stop Twitch broadcasts from saving. So, you should clear your browser cache.
For Google Chrome, follow the steps below to clear the junk files.
- Click on the three dots icon from the top right corner of Google Chrome.
- Select More tools and then click on Clear browsing data.
- Choose a time range to delete the data. It is recommended to select All time to make Chrome work efficiently.
- Select what kind of information you’d want to delete.
- Click on Clear data.
The steps are somewhat similar to other browsers as well.
As you can see, you can easily save your broadcast on Twitch. Make a simple modification in Twitch settings. If this solution doesn’t work, try clearing your browser cache.
Did our solutions solve your problem? Do let us know in the comments section below!
FAQ: Learn more about Twitch broadcasts
- How do you save broadcasts on Twitch?
Follow these steps to enable the broadcast saving feature on Twitch:
- Click on your user profile picture and select Dashboard in the list of options that appears on the screen
- Now, go to Settings and click on Channel
- Under Stream Key and Preferences, toggle on the Store past broadcasts option. That’s it.
- Can you download past Twitch broadcasts?
Streamers can download their past Twitch broadcasts on their computers to later viewing. Here’s how to do that:
- Turn on Broadcast Auto-Archiving: Go to Settings > Channel > check Automatically archive my broadcasts box to save your broadcasts to your profile.
- Steps to download saved Twitch broadcasts: Go to the Video Manager to access your library of saved broadcast videos. Click on the Download button to save the video on your PC.
- Why does Twitch delete my videos?
Twitch deletes video broadcasts due to storage limitations. Storing video content takes up much space. In order to optimize the costs, Twitch automatically deleted past broadcasts after a certain period so as to free up space for new broadcasts.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in September 2019 and has since been updated for freshness and accuracy.