Fix: Unable to Login with a Microsoft Account After Rollback from Windows 10
One of the users on Microsoft’s forum complained about how he’s unable to login to his Microsoft Account after he performed a rollback from Windows 10 Technical Preview to Windows 8.1. If you have the same problem, we have a couple of solutions for you, and we hope at least one of them will work.
Solution 1 – Make sure the Microsoft Account Sign-in assistant service is running
This problem may occur if Microsoft Account Sign-in assistant service is not set properly. To check if this service works, do the following:
- Press Windows Key and R key at the same time
- Enter services.msc and press enter to open Services window
- Find and right click on Microsoft Account Sign-in assistant and choose Properties
- In Startup type, choose Automatic or Manual, then click OK.
- Restart the computer and check.
Solution 2 – Disable third-party Antivirus Software
Maybe your antivirus software is the one that prevents Windows from logging in your account. So you can try and disable it and see if the problem still occurs. Don’t worry about your safety while your antivirus is disabled, because Microsoft’s Windows Defender will keep you safe from various malicious software and content even while your other antivirus is disabled.
Solution 3 – Disable Proxy Connections
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options
- Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings
- Uncheck the Use Proxy server
- Click Apply and Ok to save changes
- Restart your computer
Solution 4 – Run the Internet connections troubleshooter
- Press Windows key and W at the same time to search Settings
- Type troubleshoot and click on Troubleshooting
- In the new windows click View all on the left pane
- In the list of options, click on Internet Connections
- Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions
That’s all, if you’re still facing the same issue and none of the above mentioned solutions didn’t work for you, or you have some other comments or suggestions, please write them down in the comments, we would be glad to assist you further.
If you’re still having issues on your PC or you simply want to avoid them for the future, we recommend you to download this tool (100% safe and tested by us) to fix various PC problems, such as file loss, malware and hardware failure.
Using a VPN on your Windows Server has a lot of advantages for all parties included and it allows users in a small environment access to […]
The Windows 10 Action Center includes Quick Action buttons that provide shortcuts for adjusting settings. For example, users can press the Tablet mode button to […]