Fix: Unable to Perform Update Due to a RuntimeBroker.exe Error in Windows 10
Some people have recently reported that they’re unable to to check for updates on Windows 10 due to a RuntimeBroker.exe error. Namely, the update process will get stuck at a certain point, and when you check for details, the following error message will appear:
The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation.
There are a couple of ways to deal with this error, and we’re going to show you exactly what to do in the further text.
What to do if RuntimeBroker.exe Error Appears During Windows Update
Solution 1 – Run WU Reset Script
We’ve recently wrote about a special script which resets all Windows processes related to updates, and deals with various update errors. And this script should be more than helpful for solving this update error. To find out more about Windows Update Reset Script, and to download it, check out this article.
Solution 2 – Manually reset Windows Update Components
If running the WU Reset Script didn’t get the job done, or you don’t want to use it for some reason, you can try to manually reset Windows Update Components, and see if the problem is fixed. Performing a reset will fix corrupt Windows Update Components, and help you to install Windows Updates normally.
To manually reset Windows Update Components, follow these instructions:
- Right-click on the Start Menu button, and choose Command Prompt (Admin)
- Stop the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services, to do this, enter the following commands into the Command Prompt, and press Enter after you type each command:
- Now rename the SoftwareDistribution and Catroot2 folders. You can do that type the following commands in the Command Prompt, and press Enter, after entering each command:
- Now, restart the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. To do that, type the following commands in the Command Prompt, and press Enter after you type each command:
- Close the Command Prompt, and restart the computer
If you’re still having issues on your PC or you simply want to avoid them for the future, we strongly recommend you to download this tool (100% safe and tested by us) to fix various PC problems, such as file loss, malware and hardware failure.
That’s it, I hope these solutions helped you with your update problem. If you have any comments, or questions, just reach for the comment section below.
The modern web browsers like Chrome are all good until you start getting annoying errors. One such error is “Your Connection is not private.” The […]
Thanks to the latest advancements in video technology, we tend to shoot videos in the best possible quality our devices can handle. This pursuit of […]
Just a couple of weeks to go for Christmas and it’s raining deals already. It’s that time of the year when shopping is in full […]