Xbox App Crashing/Not Opening in Windows 11
Endeavor to update your Xbox app often to avoid this problem
- The Xbox app works with Windows 11, allowing access to your favorite games.
- Xbox app not opening on Windows 11 can occur if your PC doesn’t meet the system requirements.
- Restarting the Xbox services and Gaming Services can fix the issue.
Xbox is a popular console on the market, and it’s been around for a long time. The introduction of the Xbox app for Windows makes the games more accessible to users who don’t have a console. However, some of our readers complain about the Xbox app crashing on Windows 11.
Does the Xbox app work with Windows 11?
The Xbox app supports and works with Windows, turning your PC into an Xbox One console where you can access your games. It offers the same functionality and gaming quality as using the Xbox console.
Furthermore, some benefits come with using the Xbox app on Windows 11. It allows players to access the PC Game Pass on their PCs. Also, you can share, capture, and control your PC using Xbox Game Bar.
Moreover, the Xbox app on Windows allows you to launch games on your PC and play with your favorite Xbox accessories. So, the Xbox app works with Windows 11.
Why is my Xbox app crashing on Windows 11?
Several factors can cause the Xbox app to crash on Windows 11. Some are:
- System requirements issues – The Xbox app has system requirements like any other. So, you can experience the Xbox app crashing if your PC doesn’t meet the system requirements.
- Corrupt Xbox app on your PC – When the Xbox app installed on your PC is not corrupt or compromised, it can cause it to crash or not open on your PC.
- Outdated Xbox app – Microsoft releases updates to fix bugs causing issues in the Xbox app previous versions and improve its performance. So, not updating the Xbox app on Windows 11 can result in some problems.
However, the causes of the Xbox app crashing or not running in Windows 11 can vary on different PCs. Nonetheless, we’ll take you through some essential fixes.
How to fix the Xbox app crashing or not opening on Windows 11
Go through the following preliminary checks before trying any advanced troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure that your PC meets the system requirements:
- Fix network congestion on your PC.
- Turn off background apps running on your computer.
- Restart Windows in Safe Mode and check if the crash persists.
- Install the latest Windows 11 updates.
If these preliminary steps didn’t help you fix the problem, try the solutions below.
1. Restart the Xbox services and Gaming Services
- Left-click the Start button, type Services, and then click Open.
- Locate the Gaming Services, right-click on them, and select Restart from the drop-down.
- Locate all the Xbox services in the list, right-click them, and select Restart from the drop-down.
Restarting Xbox Services and Gaming Services on your PC will fix any activities impeding its processes. Read how to download the Xbox gaming services app on your PC.
2. Run Windows Store Troubleshooter
- Press Windows + I key to launch the Windows Settings app.
- Click on System and select Troubleshoot.
- Select Other troubleshooters.
- Locate the Windows Store Apps and click the Run button beside it.
- Afterward, launch the Xbox app and check if it works properly.
The Windows Apps Troubleshooter will resolve issues with Windows Store apps causing the Xbox app to crash.
3. Update the Xbox app
- Left-click the Start button, type Microsoft store and click Open.
- Click on Library in the bottom left corner, then select Get Updates.
- Check if any update is available, then download and install the update.
- Restart the Xbox app on your PC to check if it opens or launches.
Updating the Xbox app will install the patches and updates needed to fix bugs and improve its functionality.
Also, some users experience the Xbox app not launching games in Windows 11 for some reason.
Read about fixing Windows not connecting to update service if the error occurs on your PC.
Further, we have a detailed guide on what to do if you can’t send messages on Windows 10/11 Xbox app or Xbox One.
Conclusively, check how to fix the Xbox app not downloading or installing on Windows 11.
If you have further queries or questions and suggestions about this guide, kindly drop them in the comments section.
Still experiencing issues?
If the above suggestions have not solved your problem, your computer may experience more severe Windows troubles. We suggest choosing an all-in-one solution like Fortect to fix problems efficiently. After installation, just click the View&Fix button and then press Start Repair.