Fix: Xbox error UI-122
Your Xbox is a multimedia center that allows you to enjoy in latest games and online content. Unfortunately, certain errors can appear on your Xbox once in awhile, and today we’re going to show you how to fix Xbox error UI-122.
Xbox error UI-122, how to fix it?
Fix – Xbox error UI-122
Solution 1 – Check if your public connection supports streaming
If you’re using a public Wi-Fi network, you might not be able to access Netflix on your console depending on network configuration. Administrators sometimes block streaming services on their network, thus causing this error to appear. If that’s the case, try accessing Netflix from any other device that has Internet access. If Netflix is blocked by network administrator, you won’t be able to access it from any device and you should contact the network administrator in order to fix the problem. Keep in mind that many public networks have limited bandwidth, therefore many streaming services are blocked.
Solution 2 – Switch to a non-cellular data network
If you’re using cellular or satellite Internet to access Netflix on your Xbox, you might encounter this error. These types of connections have slower speeds, and that can sometimes cause this error to appear. If you can, be sure to switch to cable or DSL connection and check if the error persists.
Solution 3 – Restart your Xbox
If you’re having Xbox error UI-122, you might be able to fix it by turning off your Xbox. To do that, do the following:
- Press and hold the Guide button on your Xbox controller for three seconds. Select the option to turn off the console. Alternatively, you can press and hold the power button on the console itself.
- After the console turns off, unplug the power cable from the console and keep in disconnected for at least a minute.
- Plug the power cable again.
- Turn on the console by pressing the Guide button on the controller or by pressing the power button on the console.
- After your console turns on, start the Netflix app and check if the error is resolved.
Solution 4 – Delete Netflix saved data
Netflix stores its data on your console, but sometimes that data can become corrupted and cause this and many other errors to appear. To fix this issue, it’s advised to remove Netflix Saved Data by following these steps:
- Select Settings from the Xbox Dashboard.
- Choose System > Storage.
- Select All Devices. If this option isn’t available, select the first available device such as Memory Unit, USB storage or Hard Drive.
- Select Games and Apps.
- Now choose Netflix > Netflix Saved Data.
- Select Delete and then Yes to confirm.
- Start Netflix again and check if the problem is resolved.
- READ ALSO: Fix: Xbox error when playing DVD
Solution 5 – Check your Xbox’s DNS settings
- Press the Guide button on your controller.
- Navigate to Settings and choose System Settings.
- Now select Network Settings.
- Select your network and choose Configure Network option.
- Locate DNS Settings and set them to Automatic.
- Turn the console off and turn it back on again.
- Start Netflix app and check if the problem is resolved.
If you have Xbox One, you can change DNS settings by following these steps:
- Press the Menu button on your controller and choose Settings. Alternatively, you can just select Settings from the Home screen.
- Select Network > Advanced settings.
- Choose DNS settings and set them to Automatic.
- Press the B button to save changes.
- Start Netflix and check if the error appears again.
Solution 6 – Restart your modem
According to users, sometimes you can fix this error simply by restarting your modem. Configuration errors can occur once in awhile, and in order to fix them you need to restart your modem. To do that, follow these steps:
- Turn off your console completely.
- On your modem press the Power button to turn it off. Some users are suggesting to unplug the power cable, so you can do that as an alternative.
- After your modem is turned off, wait for 30 seconds or more and press the Power button again to turn it on.
- After your modem turns on, start your console and check if the error is resolved.
- Optional: If you have a router, be sure to restart it as well before turning on your console.
Solution 7 – Improve the wireless signal
Sometimes this error appears due to strength of your wireless signal and in order to fix it, you need to improve your wireless connectivity. If possible, you might have to move your router to a new location in order to improve your wireless signal. In addition, you need to keep a close eye on wireless interference. Other devices can interfere with the wireless signal therefore be sure to keep all wireless devices away from your router. Lastly, try to elevate your router by placing it high off the ground. By doing so you’ll ensure that there are no obstacles and that you’re getting the best reception.
Solution 8 – Connect Xbox directly to your modem
Error UI-122 can appear on your Xbox due to problems with your wireless connection. To fix this problem you need to connect your Xbox directly to your modem by using an Ethernet cable. After doing that, restart your modem like we showed you in Solution 6. In addition, you might want to try restarting your console as well. If this method solves the issue, it means that there’s a problem with your network connection or router. If the problem still persists, you’ll have to check if your Internet connection is available on other network devices. If there’s an issue with your modem, you’ll have to contact your Internet Service Provider.
Xbox error UI-122 affects Netflix app on Xbox One and Xbox 360, but we hope that you managed to solve this issue by using one of our solutions.
- Abnormal Xbox One S fan noise affecting many users
- Phil Spencer wants original Xbox games to be compatible with Xbox One
- Fix: Netflix error code ui-800-3 on Xbox One
- How to stream music from Windows computers to Xbox One
- Fix: Gears of War 4 hitching issues on Xbox One
It isn’t every day that you come across a corrupted memory dump file But when you do, you will rue your luck you did. That […]
In the last five years or so, the amount of video content uploaded to various social media networks has increased drastically. Everybody can launch their […]