FIXED: Bluetooth not Working After Windows 10, 8.1 Update
How to fix Bluetooth driver issues after Windows 10, 8.1 update
- Set Bluetooth service startup type to Automatic
- Reinstall Bluetooth drivers
- Check for updates
- Roll back Bluetooth drivers
- Run the built-in Bluetooth troubleshooter
- Additional solutions
The Windows 10, Windows 8.1 Update that Microsoft has recently rolled out comes with some much needed improvements especially for desktop users, but it also brought plenty of annoying issues. One of them is the fact that the Bluetooth drivers are apparently no longer working.
In Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1, there are plenty of issues with Bluetooth connectivity and we have reported about some of them, such as problems for BootCamp users or similar problems for fresh users of the Windows 10, 8.1 initial update. Also, some Surface Pro 2 owners have been complaining that they have problems with using the WiFi when Bluetooth is turned on. This time, we’re trying to offer some fixes for botched Bluetooth for fresh owners of the Windows 8.1 Update.
Here’s what one affected user has been complaining about:
There are 3 drivers with a yellow triangle sign which are not working. bluetooth was working very well before the update but after the update. it does not work most of the solutions say update your driver but how can i. i have a dell inspiron 15r 5537 win 8.1 ram 6 gb intel i5 core and two graphic card let me know if any more information is needed. i would be very thankful if it starts working again plz help me.
Bluetooth won’t work after Windows 10 update
Follow these simple steps enlisted below, along with the screenshots and let us know whether this has fixed your problem by leaving a comment at the end of the article.
1. Set Bluetooth service startup type to Automatic
1. Press Windows Logo + R and then type “services.msc” in there and press on Enter.
2. Go to the “Bluetooth Support Service” and double click on it.
5. Type your account name or browse to find your account name.
6. Now remove your both hidden password and after that restart your Windows 10, 8.1 PC, laptop or tablet.
2. Reinstall Bluetooth drivers
Proceed with the reinstall of your Bluetooth drivers by going on the website of your maker. Leave your comment with the exact model if you need help.
If you don’t want to visit your manufacturer’s website to download the latest drivers, you can also launch Device Manager and uninstall the drivers from there.
- Simply select your Bluetooth driver > right-click on it > select Uninstall device.
- Then go to Action > Scan for hardware changes in order to reinstall the latest Bluetooth drivers.
3. Check for updates
If you’re still having trouble with your Bluetooth drivers not working even after the reinstall, then maybe you need to perform a check on the Windows Update tool, as Microsoft usually releases fixes for such situations.
On Windows 10, go to Settings > Update & Security > Update > hit the ‘Check for updates’ button.
4. Roll back Bluetooth drivers
If it still doesn’t work, go the Device Manager and see whether you have an exclamation mark there, if so, then try to roll back and then download the latest version from the website of your manufacturer.
5. Run the built-in Bluetooth troubleshooter
You can also run Windows’ built-in troubleshooter to fix Bluetooth driver issues. If you’re running Windows 10, all you need to do is go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > select and run the Bluetooth troubleshooter.
On older Windows versions, such as Windows 8.1 or Windows 7, you can run this troubleshooter from Control Panel, as shown in the screenshot below.
6. Additional solutions
If the issue persists, you can follow the instructions listed in the following troubleshooting guides:
- Fix: Bluetooth is not working in Windows 10
- How to fix no sound after Bluetooth connection in Windows 10
- Fix: ‘Bluetooth won’t turn on’ in Windows 10, 8.1
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in April 2014 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.
What Android emulator is the best for my Windows PC? Bluestacks MeMu Nox Remix OS Player Droid4X AMIDuOS Windroy Genymotion Xamarin Android Player Andy We’re […]
Recently, a security researcher @SandboxEscaper disclosed in a tweet which has been deleted (the account also has been removed), that the task scheduler is vulnerable […]
Microsoft may be developing a new wireless charging system called “Ultrafast’” for its devices, if a newly discovered patent gets approved for mass production. This […]