Citrix Receiver for Windows 10 has a great array of features that help you work smarter from anywhere. This doesn’t mean that you’ll never get to experience its fair share of flaws. For example, you could be out of luck when you try launching Citrix Receiver.
While you can do so without elevated permissions and logging in with the regular domain user account, you cannot launch any of the applications and desktops that appear there.
However, if you launch Citrix with elevated permissions and then login with the regular domain user account, launching them works like a breeze. For those looking to fix this, that means one thing.
The goal of today’s guide is to show you how to launch Citrix applications and desktops with ease. Just keep on reading the brief list of fixes you may apply in that regard.
How can I fix Citrix Receiver launch error in Windows 10?
1. Refresh applications
If one or more Citrix Receiver applications cannot be launched in Windows 10, refreshing them is arguably the first thing that you should do.
Immediately click the drop-down next to your name in the upper-right corner of the menu. Then, click Refresh Apps and see if the issue persists.
2. Ensure full permissions for the user account
If you’re looking to launch Citrix Receiver in Windows 10 with no efforts again, note that Full Permissions are required for the user account under HKEY_USERSUSER_SIDSOFTWARECitrix on the client machine.
That’s why we’re recommending to make sure you have full permissions for the user account used to log in to Citrix Receiver for the Registry Key. If the domain user account does not have permissions, delete the Citrix Registry key after taking a backup. Then, exit Citrix Receiver and launch it back.
The Registry key will be once more created, this time with all relevant required permissions.
3. Download latest version available
- Locate the Citrix Receiver icon in the taskbar.
- Right-click on it to select Advanced Preferences.
- In the About section, take note of the version.
- In a browser, go to receiver.citrix.com.
- Then, click Download for Windows.
- The latest available version of the Citrix Workspace app should be there specified. Compare your version to this one.
- If the online version is a different one, download the new version next.
4. Reset Citrix Receiver
- Firstly, right-click the Receiver icon in the system tray.
- Click Advanced Preferences next.
- Select the Reset Receiver option.
- A prompt will appear asking if you are sure you want to reset the receiver back to default settings. Confirm by clicking on Yes, reset Receiver.
- After resetting to the default settings, a popup box should appear asking to type in a URL or email address. Type in remote.ptlgateway.net.
- Citrix Receiver requires you to add your account again. Enter your Domain username and password. You may be prompted to log in twice.
- You may also tick the checkbox to remember credentials.
If things turn for the worse and nothing seems to work, resetting the Citrix Receiver can help. Perform the above steps and you should now be able to log onto Citrix as normal.
Note that resetting does not impact the Receiver or plug-in installation, per-machine ICA lockdown settings, or GPOs. However, accounts, apps delivered by the Self-Service plug-in, along with cached files and saved passwords are all removed.
Uninstalling with the receiver cleanup utility and then reinstalling is also described as a potential solution. Just give it a go when all other fixes failed.
While each user has different expectations, this guide will provide you with a good overview of what you can do when you’re unable to launch Citrix Receiver in Windows 10.
Do you have any ideas or tips to make Citrix Receiver work properly? Drop a comment below and let us know your thoughts.